
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Washington D.C. Bureau Chief
(Worthy News) – Israel’s military campaign against Iran, conducted in coordination with the United States, is progressing faster than originally planned, according to Israeli defense officials.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Sunday that its operations are currently ahead of schedule, though military planners are preparing for at least three more weeks of fighting as thousands of additional targets remain across Iran.
IDF Spokesman Brig. Gen. Effie Defrin said the campaign includes coordinated plans with Washington through the upcoming Passover holiday and potentially beyond.
“We have thousands of targets ahead,” Defrin said, noting that Israeli forces are continuing to expand strikes against Iran’s defense industries while also working to further reduce missile launches toward Israel.
Israeli officials said the current war differs significantly from the shorter 12-day conflict in June 2025. This campaign is aimed not only at neutralizing Iran’s nuclear ambitions but also dismantling the broader military infrastructure that supports Tehran’s regional threat.
Since the war began on February 28 with major decapitation strikes against Iranian leadership, Israel has increasingly focused on destroying Iran’s military production network. The IDF says it has already struck more than 1,700 assets connected to Iran’s defense industry, including facilities linked to ballistic missile manufacturing and weapons development.
According to Israeli officials, the strikes have inflicted severe damage on Iran’s missile production capacity, leaving the regime currently unable to manufacture new ballistic missiles.
The Israeli Air Force has also continued targeting missile launchers and air defense systems. Military officials estimate that roughly 70 percent of Iran’s ballistic missile launchers have been destroyed or disabled so far.
Israel says it has also achieved air superiority across much of Iran’s airspace after destroying more than 100 air defense systems and approximately 120 radar detection systems.
In addition to weapons infrastructure, Israeli strikes have targeted regime command centers and security forces responsible for suppressing protests inside Iran. Israeli officials estimate that between 4,000 and 5,000 Iranian soldiers have been killed in the campaign.
Officials say morale among Iranian forces is deteriorating, with reports of desertions and refusal to serve in some units.
Israeli leaders say the campaign is intended not only to weaken Iran’s military power but also to create conditions that could eventually allow the Iranian people to challenge the regime.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a blunt warning to Turkey on Wednesday after Israel struck a Syrian military airbase that Jerusalem says Ankara was preparing to use for an expanded military presence in Syria.
Democratic socialist Angie Nixon scored a surprise victory Tuesday in Florida’s Democratic U.S. Senate primary, defeating heavily funded establishment favorite Alex Vindman and adding to a growing series of socialist and far-left victories reshaping Democratic politics across the country.
The United States government passed a sobering milestone Wednesday as the national debt topped $40 trillion, up from $39 trillion only five months ago.
The U.S. Department of Justice plans to deploy approximately 1,000 federal election monitors across the country for November’s midterm elections, marking what officials say will be a record-sized monitoring operation.
President Donald Trump announced what he called an “Economic D-Day” against Iran on Wednesday, warning that countries, banks, businesses and governments that continue providing Tehran with economic lifelines could themselves face severe U.S. consequences.
President Donald Trump has paused sweeping 50% tariffs on roughly $20 billion in Canadian imports for three days, giving Washington and Ottawa additional time to finalize what Trump says is a new trade agreement between the neighboring countries.
At least nine people, including five Bangladeshi nationals and a child, were killed Wednesday when fire and thick smoke swept through a building housing several hotels in Kolkata, highlighting broader concerns about lax enforcement of fire-safety regulations in one of the world’s most densely populated cities and across India.






