‘US Withholding Weapons To Israel Despite Hezbollah Threats’

By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News

JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – There was concern Monday that Israel would face difficulties defending itself against a massive attack by Hezbollah because U.S. President Joe Biden’s administration is reportedly holding up seven weapon systems to the Jewish state.

U.S. Congressman Michael McCaul, chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, expressed his frustration about the military difficulties faced by Israel on Fox News Sunday television.

“This is what is most disturbing to me—is that we’re withholding weapon systems that I have signed off on and Congress has appropriated with the intent of sending those weapons to Israel,” added the Republican from Texas.

“Remember the supplemental? They were effectively withholding seven weapon systems,” McCaul said in the televised remarks seen by Worthy News.

“I can’t get into the details,” the congressman cautioned. “That is not helping Israel.”

The comments by the well-informed high-ranking politician came despite Biden’s denials that his team withheld weapons from Israel. “We’ve provided Israel with all the weapons they need and when they need them,” Biden said last week.

WEAKENED HAMAS

He added that Israel had “greatly weakened” Hamas in Gaza following its October 7 attack on southern Israel when it killed some 1,200 people and kidnapped about 250 others.

Hezbollah, seen as an Islamic terrorist organization by Israel and many of its allies, is supporting Hamas.

Israel needs more advanced weapons to fully defend itself against Hezbollah, McCaul and others suggested.

Air Force General Charles Q. Brown, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the United States would have difficulty defending the Jewish state against a Hezbollah attack.

“I respect him, General Brown. I know him, but the fact is we’re not helping them,” McCaul said of Israel.

His remarks came while numerous countries began evacuating citizens from Lebanon or advised them to leave the country ahead of a possible all-out war between Iran-backed Hezbollah fighters and Israel.

NATIONAL SECURITY

Robert Greenway, director of the Allison Center for National Security at the Heritage Foundation, a respected think tank, complained that while the Biden administration held up seven arms shipments, Iran sent weapons to Hezbollah.

David Milstein, a former adviser to U.S. State of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’s presidential campaign, said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was right to publicly state it was “inconceivable” that the Biden administration was withholding weapons from Israel.

“Those who criticized him were wrong,” Milstein wrote. McCaul shared that frustration.

Congressman McCaul noted that the Biden administration also limits wartorn Kyiv in its ability to strike back at Russia, which began invading Ukraine in February 2022.

“Either give them everything [weapons] to win or get out. Don’t tie one hand behind their back,” he said. “They are doing it with Ukraine, and they are also doing it with Israel.”

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns
Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns

Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.

Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback
Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback

President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.

Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington
Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington

Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.

Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)
Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)

U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.

Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble
Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble

Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.

Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)
Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)

The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.

New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges
New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges

New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.