
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – The U.S.S. Eisenhower Aircraft Carrier Strike Group has reached the Mediterranean Sea from the Red Sea on its way to Virginia but will remain to assist with any developments between Israel and Lebanon, according to Sky News Arabic and The Associated Press. The carrier is currently off the coast of Port Said, Egypt.
The Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group departed the Middle East on Saturday. It will briefly stay within the US European Command area of responsibility before heading back to the United States.
“[The] Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group departed the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility today and will remain briefly in the U.S. European Command area of responsibility before returning home after more than seven months deployed in support of U.S. regional deterrence and force protection efforts,” according to a statement issued by the Pentagon.
While stationed in the Red Sea, the Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group, including the USS Eisenhower (Ike) and accompanying ships, participated in Operation Prosperity Guardian. They engaged in Central Command activities, intercepting Houthi drones and weapons. Recently, aircraft from the Ike and the USS Philippine Sea (CG-58) conducted evacuations for crews of commercial ships targeted by Houthi attacks.
While stationed in the Red Sea, the strike group launched over 500 munitions worth approximately $1 billion and covered more than 55,000 miles. Additionally, its aircraft logged over 30,000 flight hours.
Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin has decided not to extend the deployment of the Navy’s second-oldest carrier for a third time, a decision confirmed by an official.
As of Friday, the carrier had been deployed for over eight months, marking it as having the longest deployment of any U.S.-based carrier in the past five years, according to USNI News.
“Time to bring them home,” the official stated.
Meanwhile, the duration of the Roosevelt’s deployment, which began in January, remains uncertain until it is relieved by the next carrier scheduled to operate in the region.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






