
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Washington D.C. Bureau Chief
(Worthy News) – President Donald Trump said Monday that he has called off a planned U.S. military strike against Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing urgent requests from Gulf leaders and what he described as “serious negotiations” aimed at reaching a deal with Tehran.
In a Truth Social post, Trump said he had been asked by Qatari Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to hold off on military action because they believe a deal with Iran is now within reach.
“This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!” Trump wrote.
The president said he instructed Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Daniel Caine, and U.S. military commanders not to proceed with Tuesday’s planned strike. However, he warned that American forces have been ordered to remain ready to launch a “full, large scale assault” on Iran “on a moment’s notice” if negotiations fail.
The announcement comes amid renewed instability in the Gulf after a drone strike sparked a fire Sunday near the perimeter of the United Arab Emirates’ Barakah nuclear power plant. Authorities reported no injuries and no radiological release, but the incident underscored the danger of a broader regional war as the fragile U.S.-Iran ceasefire continues to face mounting pressure.
Trump told the New York Post earlier Monday that talks with Iran were still underway, saying Tehran “want[s] to make a deal more than ever” because it understands what could happen if diplomacy collapses.
Iranian state-run media, however, quoted an official saying Tehran wants frozen assets returned and rejects U.S. demands requiring nuclear commitments as the price for ending the conflict. The official reportedly called Washington’s position “against the rights of the Iranian people.”
For the Trump administration, the central demand remains clear: Iran must not obtain nuclear weapons. But major questions remain over whether Tehran would accept a permanent halt to uranium enrichment, limit its missile program, or scale back support for regional proxies — all issues closely watched by Israel and America’s Gulf allies.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
The United States is rapidly approaching another historic fiscal milestone, with the national debt now nearing $40 trillion as Washington continues running massive annual deficits and interest costs consume a growing share of federal spending.
U.S. envoy Jared Kushner met senior Hamas leaders in Egypt on Sunday as the Trump administration intensified efforts to move Gaza toward disarmament and postwar governance, even as Israel continued targeted strikes against terrorist operatives inside the Gaza Strip.
A third red heifer has been born in Israel this season, giving rabbis three candidates now being examined as part of renewed efforts connected to the biblical purification rites required for Temple service.
A highly unusual midsummer storm swept across parts of Israel on Saturday, August 15, bringing heavy rain to Jerusalem, shattering August rainfall records near the capital, and sending floodwaters through a Judean Desert stream in what meteorologists described as an unprecedented summer event.
France’s Constitutional Council has upheld the core provisions of a sweeping new law establishing a legal right to assisted dying, clearing one of the final major obstacles to euthanasia and assisted suicide in a nation long shaped by Catholic tradition.
Scores of people have been killed after a powerful 7.7-magnitude earthquake struck Indonesia’s Flores Island early Saturday, authorities said, as rescuers struggled to reach some of the hardest-hit areas, while a less powerful tremor was reported in North Sumatra province.
Five people were injured, one critically, in a shooting involving multiple gunmen at Virginia State University early Saturday, authorities said, a day after six people, including a suspected shooter, died in separate shootings in Michigan.






