
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Syria’s Defense Ministry confirmed that Israeli missile strikes allegedly hit military installations outside of Damascus. The ministry noted that while several military sites were hit, Syrian air defenses managed to intercept a number of the incoming missiles. According to regional intelligence and Syrian sources, these attacks represent an escalation in strikes targeting Hezbollah, the Iranian-backed terrorist organization.
Two Syrian military insiders knowledgeable about the strikes told the Reuters News Agency that Israel attacked a Hezbollah ammunition storage facility in the vicinity of Yabroud, located in the Qalamoun Mountains to the northeast of Damascus.
Foreign media received reports from eyewitnesses who observed secondary explosions after the strikes, suggesting that substantial quantities of ammunition were present.
This marked the second attack in two days on the same mountain range that stretches from Syria into Lebanon, a region where Hezbollah has established several vital supply routes.
Last week, reports emerged that Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah, allegedly asked for additional military assistance from Qaani, the commander of the Iranian Quds Force. This request was said to include short and medium-range ballistic missiles to Lebanon, along with drones and Russian-manufactured surveillance and communication equipment, all in anticipation of a looming war with Israel.
Israel rarely acknowledges conducting strikes in Syria, yet Israeli officials have consistently emphasized that the IDF will take all necessary actions to thwart Iran’s attempts to target Israel through its proxies.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






