Remains Of Young Man Believed To Be Israeli Hostage Found In Grave

By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News

JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – A photo was shared Friday of murdered Elyakim Shlomo Libman, who was previously believed to be among the Israeli hostages held by Hamas.

The human remains of the young man were found in the grave of a woman killed on October 7, his family said Friday.

They were among some 1,200 people massacred by Hamas in Israel on what became known as the “Black Sabbath.”

Hundreds were taken hostage by Hamas fighters on that Saturday, October 7, in what the Israeli government viewed as the worst atrocities against Jews since the Holocaust, also known as the Shoah.

Hamas and associated terror groups were still holding about 133 hostages on Friday, although dozens are feared dead, Israeli sources said.

Libman, 23, will be remembered as the dedicated security guard at the Nova Music Festival when he rescued several people from the Hamas massacre, Israelis said.

While Hamas fighters raped, tortured, and killed many, he reportedly still managed to rush several festivalgoers to safety. Libman then went back a final time to risk his life to save others. He never returned.

QUESTIONS REMAIN

It remained unclear Friday how his body got into the grave in Gush Dan, also known as the Tel Aviv metropolitan area.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed the discovery, saying that the IDF and the National Institute of Forensic Medicine had investigated the grave.

Officials explained that his human remains were discovered near a woman who was murdered with him “in the Reim parking lot” close to the Gaza border.

ZAKA, Israel’s leading non-governmental rescue and recovery group, opened dozens of graves in the last few weeks until they found DNA from part of Libman’s mouth in the grave in the Gush Dan area, Israeli media reported.

The gruesome discovery was due to increased pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to bring at least the remaining hostages home after several anti-government rallies.

Hamas was told by U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken this week to accept the latest proposal for a cease-fire with Israel that would free hostages and pause the nearly seven months of war in Gaza.

Blinken stressed in Israel that the “time is now” for an accord, but doubts remained whether the deal would ultimately end Israel’s offensive as Hamas has demanded.

Israel says it wants to “eradicate terrorist group Hamas” to prevent further tragedies that killed Libman and many others.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns
Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns

Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.

Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback
Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback

President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.

Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington
Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington

Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.

Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)
Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)

U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.

Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble
Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble

Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.

Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)
Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)

The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.

New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges
New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges

New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.