
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – While no plan has been advanced for the ‘day after’ Israel’s war with Hamas in the Gaza Strip ends, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday that future Israeli resettlement of Gaza was “never in the cards.”
Netanyahu’s remark followed last week’s demand by Israel’s Defense Minister Yoav Gallant that the PM state publicly Israel will not establish civilian or military control of the enclave that has been controlled by Hamas since 2007.
Israel’s governing coalition is deeply divided over what should happen the ‘day after:’ far-right ministers want Israel to reverse its 2005 unilateral withdrawal from Gaza by annexing and resettling the Strip, while Gallant himself opposes Israeli rule there.
During a press conference last week Wednesday, Gallant said: “The ‘day after Hamas,’ will only be achieved with Palestinian entities taking control of Gaza, accompanied by international actors, establishing a governing alternative to Hamas’ rule.”
“I call on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to make a decision and declare that Israel will not establish civilian control over the Gaza Strip, that Israel will not establish military governance in the Gaza Strip, and that a governing alternative to Hamas in the Gaza Strip will be raised immediately,” Gallant added.
In answer to an interview question posed by CNN’s Jake Tapper on Tuesday, Netanyahu said: “You mean resettling Gaza? Yeah. It was never in the cards, and I said so openly [and] some of my constituents are not happy about it, but that’s my position.” The PM went on to reiterate his intention to destroy Hamas’ capabilities in Gaza.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






