
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reported a sharp decline in American weapons shipments to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) on Sunday, following his recent accusations that Washington is withholding military aid.
At the start of the Gaza war, the US dispatched 240 military aid shipments to Israel, but this number has since halved to 120, reflecting a 50% reduction. Both US and Israeli officials have confirmed the decrease in US arms shipments to Israel.
“Around four months ago, there was a dramatic decrease in the supply of armaments arriving from the U.S. to Israel,” Netanyahu explained in Hebrew during his remarks ahead of a Cabinet meeting in Jerusalem.
“For many weeks, we appealed to our American friends to speed up the shipments. We did this time and time again. We did this at the highest levels, and on all levels, and I want to emphasize: We did this behind closed doors,” Netanyahu stated.
In a video message released on June 18, Netanyahu publicly addressed the issue, stating that it was “inconceivable” for the Biden administration to withhold weapons and ammunition during Israel’s conflict with Hamas in Gaza.
However, several U.S. officials have countered the allegation, stating that there has been no change in policy and no intentional delay in the delivery of military aid or weapon sales to Israel.
Despite reassurances from U.S. officials, Netanyahu reiterated his concerns, stating, “Israel, America’s closest ally, [is] fighting for its life, fighting against Iran and our other common enemies,” Netanyahu declared. He also referenced assurances from Secretary of State Antony Blinken earlier in the month that “the administration is working day and night to remove these bottlenecks.”
The Washington Post reported that the White House authorized a shipment of weapons to Israel, including 50 F-15 aircraft valued at approximately $18 billion, along with advanced missiles and JDAM kits to enhance the precision of “dumb” bombs. This shipment faced delays due to opposition from congressional Democrats but ultimately proceeded under pressure from the Biden Administration.
A White House official told the Wall Street Journal on Sunday, “We have made our position clear on this repeatedly, and we are not going to keep responding to the Prime Minister’s political statements.” The official added, “We look forward to constructive consultations with the Defense Minister in Washington this week.”
Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant departed for Washington, D.C., overnight Saturday to engage with top U.S. officials.
“The United States is our most important and central ally,” Gallant stated before his departure. He emphasized the importance of these discussions, saying, “Our meetings with U.S. officials are critical to this war.” He added, “During these meetings I plan to discuss developments in Gaza and Lebanon. We are prepared for any action that may be required, and in additional areas.”
Politico reported that White House officials are worried that Prime Minister Netanyahu might criticize President Joe Biden during his upcoming speech to a joint session of Congress, following a bipartisan invitation.
“Netanyahu’s video this week was not helpful at all. And he could make it far worse up there in front of Congress,” officials told Politico, expressing uncertainty about Netanyahu’s remarks: “No one knows what he’s going to say.”
Additionally, three American sources informed Politico that the White House has not yet extended an official invitation to Netanyahu for a meeting with President Biden during his visit.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






