
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has announced a ‘date is set’ for the long-planned invasion of Rafah, emphasizing in a video statement that victory cannot be achieved without conducting a military operation in the Gazan city.
“We are constantly working to achieve our goals—first and foremost the release of all our hostages and achieving a complete victory over Hamas,” Netanyahu stated in a video released on Monday.
“This victory requires entry into Rafah and the elimination of the terrorist battalions there, it will happen —there is a date,” Netanyahu stressed.
Soon afterward, the White House reported that it had not been informed of any details or a specific date concerning an Israeli operation in Rafah.
According to the latest Israeli intelligence, Hamas has a total of four battalions located in Rafah, numbering approximately 3,000 terrorists. Netanyahu has emphasized that to secure Israel’s safety, these battalions must be thoroughly defeated, preventing Hamas from reorganizing and posing a renewed threat to Israel.
The Biden administration is urging Israel to avoid a full-scale ground invasion, warning that such action could result in a humanitarian crisis in Gaza. The White House is advocating for a more targeted approach that focuses on high-value Hamas targets and reinforcing the border with Egypt.
However, it is believed that many of the 133 hostages, still held by Hamas after 184 days, are located in Rafah. Last month, a bold operation by Israeli special forces successfully rescued two hostages from the city.
Two weeks ago, Netanyahu told U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, “We have no way to defeat Hamas without entering Rafah and eliminating the remnant of the battalions there.” He added, “I told him that I hope we will do this with US support, but if necessary, we will do it alone.”
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






