
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
CAIRO/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – At least five people, including three Israeli Arab tourists and two Egyptian hotel workers, have been injured after clashes near Egypt’s busiest border crossing with Israel, Egyptian and Israeli sources said Friday.
Numerous forces were converging on the location, including Egyptian police, following the fighting in the Egyptian border town of Taba, Israeli media said.
Israel’s rescue service, Magen David Adom, and ambulance teams were seen waiting at the border to assist victims who had head and stab wounds, according to several sources
Egyptian security sources said a “physical alteration erupted when an Israeli tourist verbally insulted an Egyptian hotel employee, sparking a melee that involved other tourists and employees.”
Egypt state-affiliated Al-Qahera News television channel said one of the Egyptian workers had sustained severe injuries.
According to sources familiar with the case, the fight broke out after the Israeli Arab tourist refused to pay a bill for hotel services.
MEDICAL ATTENTION
Those involved have now been taken for medical attention, Egyptian officials said.
However, the fighting underscored the dangers faced by Israelis in the area.
There have been several attacks on Israelis in Egypt since Hamas attacked southern Israel on October 7 in attacks that killed some 1200 people.
One day after Israel launched its war against Hamas after the massacre, two Israeli tourists and their Egyptian guide were shot dead by a policeman in the Mediterranean city of Alexandria.
It marked the first such attack on Israelis in Egypt in decades.
The fighting added to regional anxiety in the region where tensions had already risen with ongoing fighting in Gaza between Israel and Hamas and cross-border clashes involving Lebanon-based, Iran-backed, Hezbollah and Israel.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.
Dutch Prime Minister Rob Jetten faced mounting pressure Sunday after two people died in a traffic accident linked to a farmers’ protest, while his government was drawn into a separate controversy over a prominent statesman’s comparison involving Israel and Nazi Germany.
Amid mounting military cooperation, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un reaffirmed deepening ties with Russia in a message to President Vladimir Putin as Pyongyang marked the anniversary of “independence from Japan’s colonial rule,” state media reported Sunday.






