
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
GAZA/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Israel’s prime minister has ordered the Israeli military to come up with a plan for civilians sheltering in Gaza’s southern city of Rafa to evacuate, his office said on Friday.
Benjamin Netanyahu’s announcement cleared the way for an expected offensive into the crowded area.
“Any forceful action in Rafah would require the evacuation of the civilian population from combat zones,” the prime minister’s office noticed, without saying what those zones would cover.
The planned evacuation comes despite the U.S. warning Israel this week that an unplanned invasion of Rafah would be a “disaster.”
Aid groups say it is not possible to evacuate everyone from the city. They point out that about 1.5 million Palestinians are in Rafah seeking refuge from Israeli combat operations in the rest of Gaza.
However, “It is impossible to achieve the goal of the war without eliminating Hamas and by leaving four Hamas battalions in Rafah,” Netanyahu’s office stressed.
“On the contrary, it is clear that intense activity in Rafah requires that civilians evacuate the areas of combat,” the statement added.
Netanyahu earlier told military and security officials to “submit to the cabinet a combined plan for evacuating the population and destroying the battalions” of Hamas, officials recalled.
Earlier this week, Netanyahu said he had ordered troops to “prepare to operate” in Rafah and that “total victory” by Israel over Hamas was just months away.
Hamas has claimed responsibility for the worst recorded atrocity against Jews since the Holocaust, also known as Shoah. On October 7, Hamas fighters killed some 1,200 people and took up to 250 people as hostages.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






