Israel’s Premier Condemns Planned Arrests By International Court

By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News

JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned reported plans by the International Criminal Court (ICC) to issue arrest warrants for Israeli government officials on charges related to the conduct of its war against Hamas.

Netanyahu said Tuesday it would be “a scandal on a historic scale” if the Netherlands-based ICC charged Israeli leaders with war crimes.

“The possibility that they will issue arrest warrants for war crimes against IDF (Israel Defence Force) commanders and state leaders, this possibility is a scandal on a historic scale,” Netanyahu stressed.

“I want to make one thing clear: no decision, neither in The Hague nor anywhere else, will harm our determination to achieve all the goals of the war – the release of all our hostages, a complete victory over Hamas, and a promise that Gaza will no longer pose a threat to Israel.”

He spoke after several sources confirmed that ICC prosecutors interviewed staff from Gaza’s two biggest hospitals.

ICC investigators reportedly took testimonies from personnel in the main hospital in Gaza City in the north of the Gaza Strip, Al Shifa, and the main hospital in Khan Younis in the south of the enclave known as Nasser.

‘POSSIBLE CRIMES’

They were speaking to medics about “possible crimes” in the Gaza Strip, said sources familiar with the talks.

The two leading Gaza hospitals were both targeted by Israeli forces who accused Hamas of using them for military purposes.

Hamas and the medical staff have denied the accusations despite mounting evidence of tunnels in the area, where Hamas runs the main health institutions.

The United Nations human rights chief Volker Turk said he was “horrified” by “the destruction” of the Nasser and Al Shifa medical facilities in Gaza that Israel claims have been used by Hamas for its military operations.

Palestinian officials have also demanded investigations after hundreds of bodies were exhumed in mass graves at Nasser.

Israel has vehemently denied it was responsible for those deaths.

ISRAELI DENIALS

The Israeli military said claims by Palestinian authorities that the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) had buried bodies were “baseless and unfounded.”

It said forces searching for Israeli hostages still held by Hamas had examined bodies previously buried by Palestinians near Nasser Hospital and had returned the bodies to where they were buried after they were examined.

“The examination was conducted in a careful manner and exclusively in places where intelligence indicated the possible presence of hostages. The examination was carried out respectfully while maintaining the dignity of the deceased,” the IDF) said.

The Hamas-led Health Ministry claims more than 34,000 Palestinians have died since Israel launched its military operations in Gaza. Those figures have been impossible to verify independently.

Israel says its war was triggered by the “terrorist organization Hamas” killing some 1,200 people, including raped women and babies, on October 7 in Israel from where it also took 253 hostages.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns
Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns

Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.

Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback
Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback

President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.

Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington
Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington

Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.

Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)
Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)

U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.

Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble
Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble

Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.

Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)
Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)

The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.

New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges
New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges

New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.