
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Concerns remained Friday that Israel’s emergency government formed after the Israel-Hamas war erupted in October may soon fall apart due to its inability to reach a hostage deal with Hamas, Israeli sources suggested.
Government sources said there is “an impasse,” and chances of achieving a deal are low, raising concerns about the plight of some 133 hostages in Gaza.
During a Wednesday war cabinet meeting, Minister Gadi Eisenkot stated that if there was no progress, he would quit the government, Israeli media reported.
The National Unity Party, led by Minister-without-portfolio Benny Gantz, expressed growing worries over the government’s inability to make headway in the ongoing hostage negotiations, Israel’s public broadcaster KAN reported.
KAN reported last month that the coalition is preparing for a situation in which Gantz leaves the government, which could see the return of Gideon Sa’ar to the war cabinet.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu agreed to form an emergency government with opposition politicians following the deadliest Palestinian terror attack in Israeli history.
The decision came days after October 7, when Hamas killed some 1,200 people and abducted hundreds in Israel.
Yet, political tensions have remained over how the war is conducted.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






