
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Israel’s military confirmed Tuesday that it recovered the bodies of six hostages taken in the Hamas’ October 7 attack that started the Gaza war, but many others kidnapped remained unaccounted for.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said their troops recovered the bodies in an overnight operation in southern Gaza.
They named the hostages as Yagev Buchshtab, Alexander Dancyg, Avraham Munder, Yoram Metzger, Nadav Popplewell, and Haim Perry, without saying when or how they died, as ceasefire talks were underway.
Hamas is still believed to be holding around 110 hostages captured in the October 7 attack on Israel. However, Israeli authorities estimate around a third of them are dead.
Some 1,200 people were also killed on what was described as the “Black Sabbath,” the worst atrocity against Jews since the Holocaust, also known as Shoah.
The IDF said the recovery operation was conducted overnight by the 98th Division and carried out by the Paratroopers Brigade, ‘Yahalom’ Unit, the 75th Battalion, and ISA forces.
Officials explained that the operation was conducted under military intelligence, the Israeli Security Agency (ISA), and the IDF Intelligence Directorate Hostage Headquarters.
Local communities, including Kibbutz Nirim, said earlier that the bodies of Popplewell and Buchshtab were retrieved from Gaza.
Similarly, Kibbutz Nir Oz announced earlier that “the bodies of Peri, Metzger, and Dancyg were also retrieved.
Munder’s nephew told KAN Reshet Bet earlier that his uncle’s body had been recovered from Gaza, according to sources familiar with the case.
The National Institute of Forensic Medicine, Israel Police, and the IDF Manpower Directorate’s Hostage Team conducted the identification of the bodies and notified their loved ones.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.
Dutch Prime Minister Rob Jetten faced mounting pressure Sunday after two people died in a traffic accident linked to a farmers’ protest, while his government was drawn into a separate controversy over a prominent statesman’s comparison involving Israel and Nazi Germany.
Amid mounting military cooperation, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un reaffirmed deepening ties with Russia in a message to President Vladimir Putin as Pyongyang marked the anniversary of “independence from Japan’s colonial rule,” state media reported Sunday.






