Israel, US Tensions Over War In Gaza

By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News

JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu angrily rejected U.S. President Joe Biden’s suggestion that American support was waning for Israel’s war against Hamas in Gaza and that a ceasefire should be reached by next week.

His comments followed Biden’s warning that Israel risks losing global support in the war.

In a recorded video message Netanyahu said that stressed he had been “countering international pressure to end the war ahead of time and mobilise support for Israel.”

He added that “We have significant successes in this area,” referring to citing a recent Harvard-Harris poll showing that 82 percent of the American public supports Israel. “This gives us more strength to continue the campaign until complete victory.”

However Biden said the U.S. hopes to have a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in Gaza “by next Monday.”

He made clear that Israel could “lose support from around the world” if it “keeps up with this incredibly conservative government they have”.

Netanyahu maintains that Israel’s army launched its attacks in Gaza after Hamas on October 7 killed some 1,200 people while kidnapping roughly 250 others in Israel.

He described them as the worst atrocities against Jews since the Holocaust, also known as the Shoah.

Yet the Hamas-run health ministry in the Gaza Strip claims at least 29,878 people have been killed in the territory since then – including 96 deaths in the past 24 hours – in addition to 70,215 who have been wounded.

Those figures have been difficult to verify in an enclave where press freedom is virtually non existent. The health ministry has declined to say how many Hamas fighters are among those killed.

Israel’s Defence Minister Yoav Gallant said earlier this month that 10,000 Palestinian fighters were dead and the same number wounded. “We are achieving our missions in Khan Younis, and we will also reach Rafah and eliminate terror elements that threaten us,” he added in a statement, referring to a city on Gaza’s border with Egypt packed with displaced civilians.

He said Israeli forces also dismantled the Hamas brigade in Gaza’s southern Khan Younis area as part of the four-month-old war.

The mounting death toll and injuries have impacted Hamas which had a fighting force of around 30,000 before the war began, according to Israeli sources.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns
Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns

Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.

Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback
Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback

President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.

Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington
Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington

Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.

Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)
Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)

U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.

Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble
Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble

Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.

Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)
Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)

The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.

New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges
New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges

New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.