
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
DAMASCUS/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – There were signs Tuesday that Israel planned to expand ground operations against Hezbollah as its troops cleared landmines and established new barriers on the frontier between the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights and a demilitarized strip bordering Syria.
The move suggested that Israel may seek to strike Hezbollah for the first time “from further east along Lebanon’s border,” security sources said.
It would also enable the Jewish nation’s military to attack Hezbollah while preventing infiltration by the Iran-backed Islamic fighting force, according to officials familiar with the situation.
The Israeli operations began shortly after Russian forces recently vacated Golan outposts in coordination with Israel to avoid friction, Worthy learned.
Navvar Saban, a conflict analyst at the Istanbul-based Harmoon Center, said in published remarks that the operations in the Golan, a hilly, 1,200 square km (460 square miles) plateau that also overlooks Lebanon and borders Jordan appeared to be an attempt to “prepare the groundwork” for a broader offensive in Lebanon.
“Everything happening in Syria is to serve Israel’s strategy in Lebanon – hitting supply routes, hitting warehouses, hitting people linked to the supply lines to Hezbollah,” Saban warned.
Israel maintains it fights for its existence but says Iran’s proxies, such as Hezbollah, designated as a terrorist organization by Israel and the United States, use civilians as human shields.
Hezbollah joined the war against the Jewish nation last year after its ally Hamas massacred some 1,200 people inside Israel.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Firefighters backed by Dutch military helicopters battled Belgium’s largest wildfire on record Sunday as flames swept through nearly 3,000 hectares (7,400 acres) of nature reserve and threatened areas near the German border, while deadly blazes raged elsewhere in Europe, including Greece.
Iran-backed Hezbollah threatened to retaliate after Israel said Saturday it had killed a commander of the group in an attack that killed at least 11 people.
Kevin Rideout, an American missionary pilot kidnapped by suspected Islamist militants in Niger’s capital, Niamey, in October last year, has been released and is in U.S. custody, U.S. President Donald J. Trump confirmed Friday.
Concerns are mounting over increasing violence against Christians and churches across Europe after dozens of churches, religious symbols and worshipers were targeted in July, including cases involving bodily waste, arson and the stabbing of a woman praying in an Irish Catholic church.
Hungary’s former ruling Fidesz party suffered a legal setback Friday after the Constitutional Court rejected its challenge to the dismantling of controversial foundations holding vast amounts of state assets, while separate scrutiny intensified over billions of forints in public money spent on former Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s social-media operation.
The United States is rapidly approaching another historic fiscal milestone, with the national debt now nearing $40 trillion as Washington continues running massive annual deficits and interest costs consume a growing share of federal spending.
U.S. envoy Jared Kushner met senior Hamas leaders in Egypt on Sunday as the Trump administration intensified efforts to move Gaza toward disarmament and postwar governance, even as Israel continued targeted strikes against terrorist operatives inside the Gaza Strip.






