
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) are reportedly close to completing their ground offensive in the northern part of the Gaza Strip, having significantly dismantled the presence of Hamas battalions in the region, according to IDF Spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari.
The IDF has taken control of a hidden underground network of tunnels, which functioned both as a shelter for top Hamas leadership and as a passage to above-ground locations near Palestine Square and Gaza City.
Regarding the Hamas tunnel network discovered beneath Palestine Square in Gaza City, Hagari, during a briefing, stated, “Senior Hamas members directed the combat operations on October 7 from this area.”
Palestine Square, situated in the affluent Rimal neighborhood of Gaza City, was previously regarded as the hub of the enclave’s elite. It is known as the residence area for high-ranking officials from the terror group that governs the Strip.
“From this infrastructure, they were able to spread across Gaza. From the heart of Gaza City, senior Hamas officials were able to reach Shifa Hospital, leave there in an ambulance to travel south, and return to Shifa Hospital, enter the [tunnel] network, and go north to Rantisi Hospital,” Hagari said.
According to the IDF, Hamas leaders Ismail Haniyeh, Yahya Sinwar, and Muhammad Deif utilized this network to coordinate the organization’s operations and movements throughout the heart of Gaza City. The military has referred to this area as “Commander’s Square.”
In a Wednesday statement, the army characterized the complex as an “underground terror city,” featuring a “strategic tunnel route that links to other major underground infrastructures in the Gaza Strip.”
Earlier on Wednesday, the head of the IDF Southern Command, Maj. Gen. Yaron Finkelman, indicated that the military was entering “another significant phase of the offensive” targeting new areas.
“This offensive will continue and keep moving forward. It will continue with pressure against the enemy above ground and underground,” Finkelman told his troops as he visited the frontline in Southern Gaza.
The IDF reported on Wednesday that two soldiers were killed in Gaza, bringing the total number of military fatalities to 134 since the ground operation in the Gaza Strip began.
Hamas has claimed that 20,000 Palestinians have died in Gaza war-related violence, with additional bodies believed to be trapped under rubble. However, these figures have not been independently verified. Israel, on the other hand, asserts that over 7,000 of these fatalities were Hamas terrorists.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Nuclear material has been discovered in Syria and placed under International Atomic Energy Agency oversight, reviving attention on a clandestine nuclear program that Israel destroyed nearly two decades ago.
A prominent house church pastor and six other Christians have disappeared after being detained by police in Wenzhou, a major Christian center in eastern China often called the “Jerusalem of China.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner have reached an understanding that Hamas must be fully disarmed and the Gaza Strip demilitarized before reconstruction begins or Israeli forces withdraw, marking a significant narrowing of differences between Jerusalem and the Trump administration over the future of Gaza.
Humanoid robots capable of navigating rugged terrain, detecting people and conducting around-the-clock surveillance could eventually join U.S. Border Patrol operations along the southern border, as an American robotics company moves closer to potential national-security deployments.
Israel carried out an unusual airstrike deep inside northwestern Syria early Tuesday, targeting the strategic Abu al-Duhur military airfield shortly after a Turkish military delegation reportedly visited the base to assess its rehabilitation, according to Israeli and Syrian reports. The operation prompted a rare public rebuke from a senior U.S. envoy.
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.






