Israel Responds to Deadly Hezbollah Attack, Threatens To Hold Lebanon Accountable

(Worthy News) – In retaliation for the death of an Israeli soldier and the injury of several others due to rocket fire, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) conducted a widespread series of strikes against Hezbollah targets within Lebanese territory on Wednesday, according to the IDF.

At least 11 rockets launched from Lebanon struck Safed and an army base in the northern city, resulting in the death of an Israeli soldier and injuries to eight others, according to military and medical officials.

Several hours after an initial report, the IDF announced that its fighter jets executed a “widespread” series of airstrikes across Lebanon, hitting Hezbollah locations, notably those associated with the terror group’s elite Radwan Force. The airstrikes targeted a range of sites including buildings, command centers, and various infrastructures in areas such as Jabal al-Braij, Kfar Houneh, Kafr Dunin, Aadchit, and Souaneh, according to the IDF in a statement.

“As we have made clear time and time again, Israel is not interested in a war on two fronts. But if provoked, we will respond forcefully,” said Israeli government spokesperson Ilana Stein.

Following a lethal rocket attack by Hezbollah terrorists on Wednesday, an Israeli government minister promised a “forceful” retaliation, also suggesting potential consequences for the Lebanese government.

“The IDF, through the Northern Command and all formations, has been working for four months to protect the north and push Hezbollah from the borderline,” National Unity Leader Benny Gantz said.

“Israel is in combat in the north all the time, and this morning we experienced a difficult event for which the response will come soon, and it will be powerful,” Gantz continued.

“It is important that we be clear – the party responsible for the shooting from Lebanon is not only Hezbollah or the terrorist elements that carry it out, but also the government of Lebanon and the state of Lebanon which allows the shooting from its territory and there is no target or military infrastructure in the area of the north and Lebanon that is not in our sights,” Gantz concluded sending a veiled threat to the Lebanese government.

The Iran-backed Hezbollah terrorist organization has been trading fire with the Israeli military across Lebanon’s southern border in support of its Palestinian ally Hamas, which launched a devastating assault in Israel on October 7 in which some 1,200 Israelis were massacred and 253 were taken hostage into Gaza.

Hassan Nasrallah, the head of Lebanon’s Hezbollah, said on Tuesday that his terror group’s cross-border shelling into Israel would only end when Israel’s “aggression” on the Gaza Strip stops, and claimed diplomatic efforts so far to bring a halt to hostilities along the border have so far seemed to only benefit Israel.

“On that day, when the shooting stops in Gaza, we will stop the shooting in the south,” Nasrallah stated in a televised address on Tuesday.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns
Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns

Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.

Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback
Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback

President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.

Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington
Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington

Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.

Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)
Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)

U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.

Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble
Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble

Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.

Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)
Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)

The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.

New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges
New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges

New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.