
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Israel has postponed its expected retaliatory strike on Iran after classified Pentagon documents detailing the planned operation were leaked and shared on both social media and major news outlets including CNN, an intelligence source has told the Times UK.
Israel’s anticipated strike on Iran is intended to be a retaliatory attack for the barrage of more than 180 ballistic missiles that Tehran launched against Israel on October 1.
Classified as “top secret” and dated October 15 and 16, the verified documents were compiled by the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and the National Security Agency (NSA), Ynet News reports. The files contain details of Israel’s planned military operations including missile strikes and air force maneuvers.
“The leak of the American documents delayed the attack due to the need to change certain strategies and components,” the Times UK source said. “There will be a retaliation, but it has taken longer than it was supposed to take.”
US President Joe Biden expressed serious concern over the leak and the Pentagon has launched an investigation into how the security breach occurred. The Pentagon has also denied reports by Sky News Arabia that Ariane Tabatabai, a Defense Department official of Iranian heritage, was responsible for it, Ynet News reports.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Firefighters backed by Dutch military helicopters battled Belgium’s largest wildfire on record Sunday as flames swept through nearly 3,000 hectares (7,400 acres) of nature reserve and threatened areas near the German border, while deadly blazes raged elsewhere in Europe, including Greece.
Iran-backed Hezbollah threatened to retaliate after Israel said Saturday it had killed a commander of the group in an attack that killed at least 11 people.
Kevin Rideout, an American missionary pilot kidnapped by suspected Islamist militants in Niger’s capital, Niamey, in October last year, has been released and is in U.S. custody, U.S. President Donald J. Trump confirmed Friday.
Concerns are mounting over increasing violence against Christians and churches across Europe after dozens of churches, religious symbols and worshipers were targeted in July, including cases involving bodily waste, arson and the stabbing of a woman praying in an Irish Catholic church.
Hungary’s former ruling Fidesz party suffered a legal setback Friday after the Constitutional Court rejected its challenge to the dismantling of controversial foundations holding vast amounts of state assets, while separate scrutiny intensified over billions of forints in public money spent on former Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s social-media operation.
The United States is rapidly approaching another historic fiscal milestone, with the national debt now nearing $40 trillion as Washington continues running massive annual deficits and interest costs consume a growing share of federal spending.
U.S. envoy Jared Kushner met senior Hamas leaders in Egypt on Sunday as the Trump administration intensified efforts to move Gaza toward disarmament and postwar governance, even as Israel continued targeted strikes against terrorist operatives inside the Gaza Strip.






