Israel Launches Operation At UNRWA Headquarters in Gaza City Threatening Ceasefire Talks

by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent

(Worthy News) – Early Monday, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) launched an operation in southern Gaza City, targeting Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists at a United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) headquarters. Hamas warned on Telegram that this renewed IDF campaign threatens ceasefire talks.

In a Monday morning statement, the IDF reported that its 99th Division, in a joint operation with Shin Bet, was operating at UNRWA’s headquarters based on intelligence that terrorists were once again utilizing the facility.

“The IDF will continue to act in accordance with international law and against the Hamas and PIJ terror organizations, which systematically operate and carry out terrorist activity from inside civilian infrastructure, including UNRWA compounds, which are used by them to plan and carry out terror activity against the State of Israel,” the IDF said.

In Gaza City’s Shejaiya neighborhood, troops from the 98th Division killed dozens of Hamas operatives involved in anti-tank attacks and rocket fire on Israel, including through airstrikes, the IDF reported. The IDF has been operating in Shejaiya for the past week and a half.

In Rafah, the Gaza Strip’s southernmost city, the IDF stated that 162nd Division troops killed over 30 gunmen in the past day and located tunnel shafts and weapons. The offensive in Rafah began in early May.

The prolonged conflict in Gaza, resulting from Israel’s nine-month war on Hamas, may have influenced Hamas’s recent decision to drop its demand that Israel end the war as a condition for hostage negotiations, sources told the Associated Press on Monday.

According to AP, messages describe the dire conditions in Gaza and the severe blow to Hamas’s forces, indicating a rift between Yahya Sinwar and other Hamas leaders in Gaza regarding the desire for a deal.

During a call with mediators, Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh stated that he held Netanyahu and Israel’s army fully responsible for the potential collapse of negotiations.

Hamas accused Netanyahu of “placing additional obstacles in the way of negotiations as he escalates his aggression and crimes against our people.”

Hamas stated that it had shown “flexibility and positivity to facilitate reaching an agreement to halt the Zionist aggression” in Gaza, calling on mediating countries Qatar and Egypt to stop Netanyahu’s “manipulations and crime.”

The Hamas-run Gaza health ministry reports that over 38,000 people in the Strip have been killed or are presumed dead in the fighting so far, however this toll cannot be verified and does not distinguish between civilians and terrorists. Israel states it has killed over 15,000 terrorists in battle as well as 1,000 terrorists during the October 7 attack inside Israel.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns
Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns

Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.

Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback
Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback

President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.

Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington
Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington

Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.

Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)
Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)

U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.

Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble
Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble

Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.

Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)
Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)

The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.

New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges
New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges

New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.