
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
BEIRUT (Worthy News) – Three Hezbollah group “terrorists” were killed in southern Lebanon on Thursday in an airstrike attributed to Israel, Arabic and Chinese sources said.
The Arabic-language news outlet Sky News Arabia named one of those killed as Hassan Saleh, a prominent missile expert in the Lebanon-based Hezbollah militia.
China’s state-run Xinhua news agency said at least two Hezbollah fighters were killed and three people injured in Thursday’s Israeli strike. There was no immediate explanation for the slight discrepancies in the reported total death toll.
Xinhua reported that the Israeli strike targeted two residential apartments in Kfar Remen, a city in the Nabatieh Governorate of southern Lebanon.
Citing Lebanese military and medical sources, Xinhua said four air-to-surface missiles penetrated the two adjacent apartments from above and exploded inside, “leading to their complete destruction.”
Neighboring buildings were also severely damaged, witnesses said. There was no immediate comment from Israel.
Several teams from the Civil Defense and the Lebanese Red Cross reportedly headed to the site to remove the rubble and recover the injured.
RUSHED TO HOSPITAL
Xinhua said the injured had been rushed to a nearby hospital, but two of them, later identified as Hezbollah members, “succumbed to their wounds.”
Separately, military sources were quoted as saying that Israel carried out nine air strikes on five towns and villages in southern Lebanon on Thursday.
Israel fired about 35 shells on 13 towns and villages, “destroying eight houses and damaging 24 others,” Xinhua said.
Hezbollah claimed that despite the difficulties, its fighters attacked several Israeli sites, including “the Miskav Am settlement, the Avivim, Nahariya, and Kfar Yuval colonies, and the sites of Birkat Risha, Al-Motella, Al-Samaqa, and Al-Alam.”
The Lebanon-Israel border has been witnessing increased tension since October 8, 2023, after Hezbollah fired dozens of rockets toward Israel to support the Hamas attacks against Israel.
Hezbollah supports Hamas, which killed some 1,200 people in Israel the previous day. However, Hezbollah’s attacks against Israel prompted its military to respond by firing heavy artillery toward southeastern Lebanon.
The confrontations between Hezbollah and Israel have killed 307 people on the Lebanese side, including 207 Hezbollah members and 59 civilians, according to Lebanese security sources cited by Xinhua news agency.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






