
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
TEHRAN/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) — Israel hit Iran with at least one missile early Friday in what appears to be a retaliatory strike after weeks of escalating tensions between the two countries, U.S. sources say.
Iranian state media reported that air defense batteries had been activated after reports of explosions near a major airbase close to the city of Isfahan.
The Iranian government appeared to play down the scale of the attack, with a senior commander in Iran’s army saying there was no damage in Isfahan, according to state television.
Isfahan is home to sites associated with Iran’s nuclear program, including its underground Natanz enrichment site.
State television described all sites in the area as “fully safe,” and the UN nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), confirmed there was no damage to any nuclear sites.
The airbase close to Isfahan has long been home to Iran’s fleet of American-made F-14 Tomcats – purchased before the 1979 Islamic Revolution, well-informed sources say.
OFFENSIVE OPERATIONS
It comes after Iran attacked Israel with hundreds of drones and missiles last week. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Washington had not been involved in any offensive operations, and it was committed to de-escalating tensions in the region.
He declined to publicly confirm the Israeli missile strike following reports that the United States had been informed at the last moment about the pending Israeli attack against Iran.
“I’m not going to speak to that except to say that the United States has not been involved in any offensive operations,” Blinken added at a news conference during the Group of Seven (G7) foreign ministers gathering on the southern Italian island of Capri.
With tensions rising, several airlines canceled flights to the region.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






