
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant announced on Sunday that the battalions of Hamas in Khan Younis have been dismantled, with an impending offensive in Rafah expected in the near future.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) are still in pursuit of crucial figures from Hamas, including Gaza Leader Yahya Sinwar and the military leaders Mohammad Deif and his deputy Marwan Issa. Despite this, reports indicate that Sinwar has not been in communication with Hamas’s leadership outside of Gaza since the end of January, casting doubt on his participation in ongoing negotiations involving hostages.
“Hamas-Gaza is MIA, there is no one to talk to among leadership on the ground,” Gallant said in the collapse of Hamas in Gaza.
In Khan Younis, according to Gallant, approximately 200 individuals suspected of terrorism surrendered to forces at Nasser Hospital, with additional surrenders occurring at Al-Amal Hospital. Gallant interpreted these events as indicative of Hamas losing its “fighting spirit.”
“People armed with RPGs, weapons, and guns came to the moment of truth and did not fight. This indicates something of their understanding of the power differential, that they understood their fate was to surrender or die — there is no third option,” Gallant stated.
Gallant said Hamas’s Khan Younis Brigade had been “defeated and does not function as a military entity in any way.”
Gallant pledged that the military would proceed to dismantle the six remaining Hamas battalions—two located in central Gaza and four in Rafah.
In anticipation of an Israeli offensive in Rafah, Egypt is reportedly implementing precautionary measures. Although officially denied, four sources informed Reuters that Cairo is preparing a region near the Gaza border to host a potential surge of Palestinians seeking refuge from the conflict. This preparation for the possible displacement of Palestinians into Sinai, seen as a contingency plan, represents a scenario that Egypt and other Arab nations, such as Jordan, have previously considered unacceptable.
The measures taken by Egypt indicate readiness for a potential crisis. Security sources have outlined the creation of essential amenities in a desert region intended for possible temporary refuge for refugees fleeing Rafah, where over one million people are currently residing.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






