
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
JERUSALEM/THE HAGUE (Worthy News) – Israel says it expects the Netherlands-based International Court of Justice (ICJ) to throw out “spurious” genocide allegations on Friday.
The remarks came as the ICJ in the Dutch city of The Hague was to give its highly anticipated verdict on South Africa’s request for an interim ruling in its genocide case against Israel on Friday.
South Africa is among countries expressing outrage about what they view as Israel’s relentless attacks in Gaza.
Ahead of Friday’s ruling, António Guterres, the United Nations secretary general, said the humanitarian situation in Gaza is “appalling,” with a quarter of the population grappling with catastrophic levels of food insecurity.
He renewed the UN’s plea for an “immediate humanitarian ceasefire.” “Everyone in Gaza is hungry,” he said.
Civilians shared his call for a ceasefire in Gaza, where Israeli strikes killed at least 50 Palestinians in Khan Younis in the last 24 hours, said Ashraf al-Qidra, a spokesperson for the Hamas-run Gaza health ministry.
At least three people, including two children, had been killed by Israeli shelling of the al-Satar al-Gharbi area of Khan Younis, Hamas-linked officials said.
Iran’s president, who has been supporting Hamas and seeks the destruction of Israel, said the conflict in Gaza shows the U.N. and other world bodies have lost their effectiveness
Ebrahim Raisi said the war in Gaza showed that Muslim countries and other nations should unite for a new “fair world order.” He did not state whether Israel could be part of that arrangement.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Humanoid robots capable of navigating rugged terrain, detecting people and conducting around-the-clock surveillance could eventually join U.S. Border Patrol operations along the southern border, as an American robotics company moves closer to potential national-security deployments.
Israel carried out an unusual airstrike deep inside northwestern Syria early Tuesday, targeting the strategic Abu al-Duhur military airfield shortly after a Turkish military delegation reportedly visited the base to assess its rehabilitation, according to Israeli and Syrian reports. The operation prompted a rare public rebuke from a senior U.S. envoy.
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.






