
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – An alleged Israeli airstrike near the Syrian city of Aleppo early Monday reportedly killed Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) General Saeed Abiyar and, according to a war monitor, resulted in the deaths of 16 members of pro-Iran groups, various media reports indicate.
“During last night’s attack by the Zionist regime on Aleppo, Saeed Abyar, one of the IRGC advisers in Syria, was martyred,” reported the Iran’s Tasnim news agency.
Abiyar was a member of the IRGC’s elite Quds Force and had been stationed in Syria since 2012, according to a report in the New York Times.
A Syrian defense ministry statement said Monday that “after midnight… the Israeli enemy launched an air attack from the southeast of Aleppo, targeting some positions” near the city. It reported “martyrs” and “some material damage.”
“The death toll of the Israeli strike on a factory in Hayyan in western Aleppo province has risen to 16 pro-Iran group members, including Syrian and foreign fighters,” said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
Israel did not comment on the strike, although it has conducted hundreds of attacks inside Syria since the onset of the country’s civil war. These strikes have primarily targeted attempts to transfer weapons to Hezbollah, an Iranian-backed terrorist organization, as well as preventing Iran from establishing a presence near Israel’s border.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






