
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
TEHRAN/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Israel said late Saturday that Iran was responsible for an attempted assassination of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and warned Tehran it would retaliate.
The comments came shortly after a drone by the Iran-backed Hezbollah group was reportedly fired toward Netanyahu’s home in Caesarea, but sources said neither the prime minister nor his family were home at the time.
However, Netanyahu said Saturday that the “attempt by Iran’s proxy Hezbollah to assassinate me and my wife today was a grave mistake.”
In a social media message seen by Worthy News, he warned Tehran, “This will not deter me or the State of Israel from continuing our just war against our enemies in order to secure our future.”
He added: “I say to Iran and its proxies in its axis of evil: ‘Anyone who tries to harm Israel’s citizens will pay a heavy price.’”
Netanyahu already approved targets to be attacked in Iran after Tehran fired some 200 missiles toward Israel last week. The latest reported attack against Netanyahu was believed to intensify Israel’s planned strikes against the Islamic Republic.
In a message on a social media platform, X Netanyahu said, “Together, we will fight, and with God’s help—together, we will win.”
IRAN PROXIES
He told Iran and its proxies, “We will continue to eliminate the terrorists and those who dispatch them.” The Israeli leader also said, “We will return our citizens who live on our Northern border safely to their homes.”
Tens of thousands of Israelis have been displaced by a barrage of rockets launched by Hezbollah from Lebanon, prompting an Israeli ground offensive into the country.
Netanyahu also warned Hezbollah ally Hamas that after killing its leader Yahya Sinwar, “We will bring our hostages home from Gaza.”
Separate footage seen by Worthy News showed Israeli soldiers celebrating after Sinwar’s death was confirmed. A video had shown an old man sitting in a house on a chair whose underarm had been blown off by an apparent explosion. In a last act of desperation, the man, identified as Sinwar, threw a stick at the drone. Soon after, he was shot through the head, investigators said.
Israel, Netanyahu noticed, “is determined to achieve all our war objectives and change the security reality in our region for generations to come.”
His remarks were distributed on the day that Israeli planes dropped leaflets over southern Gaza on Saturday, showing a picture of the dead Hamas chief Sinwar with the message that “Hamas will no longer rule Gaza.”
The leaflets with words echoing language used by Netanyahu came as Israeli military strikes killed at least 32 people across the Gaza Strip, according to Hamas-linked officials.
HOSPITAL SIEGE
Israeli military actions also tightened “a siege around hospitals in Jabalya in the north” of the enclave, Palestinian health officials claimed.
The statement did not differentiate between civilians and fighters of Hamas, whose October 7 attacks against Israel triggered the current armed conflict.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said they were unaware of the incident.
Israel says it is trying to avoid civilian casualties but accused Iran’s proxies of using human shields to protect themselves.
The Israeli government has warned the region that it is determined to destroy Hamas and its allies as part of efforts to fight for the existence of the Jewish nation.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Firefighters backed by Dutch military helicopters battled Belgium’s largest wildfire on record Sunday as flames swept through nearly 3,000 hectares (7,400 acres) of nature reserve and threatened areas near the German border, while deadly blazes raged elsewhere in Europe, including Greece.
Iran-backed Hezbollah threatened to retaliate after Israel said Saturday it had killed a commander of the group in an attack that killed at least 11 people.
Kevin Rideout, an American missionary pilot kidnapped by suspected Islamist militants in Niger’s capital, Niamey, in October last year, has been released and is in U.S. custody, U.S. President Donald J. Trump confirmed Friday.
Concerns are mounting over increasing violence against Christians and churches across Europe after dozens of churches, religious symbols and worshipers were targeted in July, including cases involving bodily waste, arson and the stabbing of a woman praying in an Irish Catholic church.
Hungary’s former ruling Fidesz party suffered a legal setback Friday after the Constitutional Court rejected its challenge to the dismantling of controversial foundations holding vast amounts of state assets, while separate scrutiny intensified over billions of forints in public money spent on former Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s social-media operation.
The United States is rapidly approaching another historic fiscal milestone, with the national debt now nearing $40 trillion as Washington continues running massive annual deficits and interest costs consume a growing share of federal spending.
U.S. envoy Jared Kushner met senior Hamas leaders in Egypt on Sunday as the Trump administration intensified efforts to move Gaza toward disarmament and postwar governance, even as Israel continued targeted strikes against terrorist operatives inside the Gaza Strip.






