
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – As tens of thousands of Nicaraguans are fleeing their homes to escape President Daniel Ortega’s brutal dictatorship, the Nicaraguan government is bringing the German government before the International Court of Justice to demand it stop giving military aid to Israel and start funding the United Nations Palestinian refugee agency (UNRWA) again.
Germany joined the US and other Western powers in suspending funding to UNRWA following reports that some of the agency’s staffers had participated in Hamas’ genocidal massacre and abduction of Israeli civilians on Oct. 7 last year.
Even as Ortega is currently under intense scrutiny for gross, systematic violations of human rights against his own fellow citizens, his government accuses Germany of contravening the 1948 Genocide Convention and the 1949 Geneva Conventions by supporting Israel in its ongoing war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
Wolfgang Buechner, a spokesperson for the German government, said in a statement that there is no merit to Nicaragua’s case and that Germany will appear before the court to answer the accusations made.
The ICJ will hear the case on April 8 and 9. The Court may issue a preliminary injunction of some kind before it makes a final decision that may not come for several years.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






