
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Intense fighting continued in and around Khan Younis, a key Hamas stronghold in Southern Gaza. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) disclosed that an additional seven soldiers had been killed, bringing the total IDF fatalities in the Gaza offensive to 104.
Residents of Gaza reported intense combat in the vicinity of Khan Younis during the night. This area has become a significant battleground in the conflict between Israel and Hamas, notably since the IDF extended its ground operations to the southern part of the Gaza Strip in early December.
Five soldiers from the 5th Brigade’s 8111st Battalion were killed during a confrontation with a terrorist cell near a school in the Khan Younis area following the detonation of an explosive device near their unit, according to the IDF.
For the first time since the Second Lebanon War in 2006, the IDF conducted an airdrop, delivering approximately seven tons of equipment to support the operations of the 98th Division’s Commando Brigade troops in the Khan Younis region in southern Gaza.
Meanwhile, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant has reported that in the Northern Gaza Strip, particularly in Jabaliya and Shejaiya, the battalions of Hamas are nearing a state of collapse.
“We have encircled the last strongholds of Hamas in Jabaliya and Shejaiya, the battalions that were considered invincible, that prepared for years to fight us, are on the verge of being dismantled,” Gallant stated at a press conference.
Gallant noted that the surrender of hundreds of Hamas terrorists in recent days is indicative of the current state of the organization.
On Sunday, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken stated that Israel holds the decision-making power regarding the conclusion of its military campaign against Hamas in Gaza. This remark comes amidst reports suggesting that the United States had been pressuring Israel to conclude its operations by the end of the year. Blinken emphasized that the decision on when to end the conflict lies with Israel, not the U.S.
“The war will end when its goals are achieved. I take into consideration everything the US asks and says, and take seriously, along with all the members of the cabinet, what America is doing,” Gallant said. “We will find a way to help the Americans help us,” he added.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Nuclear material has been discovered in Syria and placed under International Atomic Energy Agency oversight, reviving attention on a clandestine nuclear program that Israel destroyed nearly two decades ago.
A prominent house church pastor and six other Christians have disappeared after being detained by police in Wenzhou, a major Christian center in eastern China often called the “Jerusalem of China.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner have reached an understanding that Hamas must be fully disarmed and the Gaza Strip demilitarized before reconstruction begins or Israeli forces withdraw, marking a significant narrowing of differences between Jerusalem and the Trump administration over the future of Gaza.
Humanoid robots capable of navigating rugged terrain, detecting people and conducting around-the-clock surveillance could eventually join U.S. Border Patrol operations along the southern border, as an American robotics company moves closer to potential national-security deployments.
Israel carried out an unusual airstrike deep inside northwestern Syria early Tuesday, targeting the strategic Abu al-Duhur military airfield shortly after a Turkish military delegation reportedly visited the base to assess its rehabilitation, according to Israeli and Syrian reports. The operation prompted a rare public rebuke from a senior U.S. envoy.
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.






