
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Israel’s Defense Minister Yoav Gallant stated Monday that IDF forces will stay and keep fighting in the Gaza Strip until Israel’s dual goals of the destruction of Hamas and the return of the Israeli hostages have been achieved, the Times of Israel (TOI) reports.
In a statement to reporters, Gallant warned Hamas terrorists that the IDF will be as hard on them in southern Gaza as they have been in northern Gaza so far, TOI reports. Gallant also specifically mentioned that Gaza City’s oldest and largest neighborhood of Shejaiya, a key stronghold of Hamas, is especially in the sights of the IDF’s elite Golani combat brigade.
Referencing a harsh battle between Israel and Hamas in Shejaiya in 2014, Gallant said: “Golani troops have returned to Shejaiya to ‘close a circle.’ This time, they will not leave it until all the terror infrastructure located there is eliminated.”
“The army is working at its best. The chief of staff is managing things fearlessly and with great success,” Gallant stated. “This action that is happening now, in the north of the Gaza Strip, will soon lead to shattering [Hamas in] the entire area of Gaza City and the north of the Gaza Strip.”
“At the same time, the IDF has begun to work in the south of the Gaza Strip,” Gallant said. “The fate of the terrorists in the Hamas battalions there will be the same as those in the north and worse. We will continue until victory and until all goals are achieved: the elimination of Hamas and the return of the hostages to Israel,” he warned.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Nuclear material has been discovered in Syria and placed under International Atomic Energy Agency oversight, reviving attention on a clandestine nuclear program that Israel destroyed nearly two decades ago.
A prominent house church pastor and six other Christians have disappeared after being detained by police in Wenzhou, a major Christian center in eastern China often called the “Jerusalem of China.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner have reached an understanding that Hamas must be fully disarmed and the Gaza Strip demilitarized before reconstruction begins or Israeli forces withdraw, marking a significant narrowing of differences between Jerusalem and the Trump administration over the future of Gaza.
Humanoid robots capable of navigating rugged terrain, detecting people and conducting around-the-clock surveillance could eventually join U.S. Border Patrol operations along the southern border, as an American robotics company moves closer to potential national-security deployments.
Israel carried out an unusual airstrike deep inside northwestern Syria early Tuesday, targeting the strategic Abu al-Duhur military airfield shortly after a Turkish military delegation reportedly visited the base to assess its rehabilitation, according to Israeli and Syrian reports. The operation prompted a rare public rebuke from a senior U.S. envoy.
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.






