IDF Strikes 3,000 Hezbollah Sites in Lebanon and Syria So Far

by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent

(Worthy News) – The threat of war continues unabated with the deployment of three troop divisions to the northern border, according to an announcement from the Israeli military on Saturday. Israel has issued a stark warning to Hezbollah, elaborating on strikes that, according to Israel, have resulted in the deaths of hundreds of terrorists attempting to destabilize the already tense border.

Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, a spokesperson for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), made the unusual move of confirming numerous airstrikes in Syria targeting Hezbollah, stating that the IDF is striving to “alter the security landscape” along the northern border. This effort aims to facilitate the return of approximately 80,000 Israelis who have been displaced due to continuous assaults over several months.

Hagari said that the IDF will be “ready to attack immediately” if provoked, adding, “We do not choose war as our first priority, but we are certainly prepared.”

Hagari reported that since hostilities erupted on the northern border following Hamas’s attack on southern Israel on October 7, the IDF has engaged over 3,400 Hezbollah positions and neutralized more than 150 terrorist cell groups, resulting in the deaths of approximately 200 terrorists, with the majority being Hezbollah members.

On Friday, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant announced that any potential ceasefire in the conflict between Israel and Hamas in Gaza, currently under negotiation, would not extended to Hezbollah. This statement comes after Hezbollah ceased its attacks on Israel for a week in November, coinciding with a previous ceasefire.

“If Hezbollah thinks that when there’s a pause in fighting in the south, we will hold fire against it, it’s sorely mistaken,” Gallant stated.

“I say here explicitly: Until we reach a situation in which it’s possible to restore security for residents of the north, we will not stop. Whether we reach this through a [diplomatic] arrangement or military means, we will [restore] calm,” Galant said in a statement released through his office.

Senior Israeli leaders have consistently warned of the possibility of initiating a military campaign in Lebanon following the conclusion of operations against Hamas in Gaza. The objective of such a campaign would be to push Hezbollah back from the border, aligning with the goals of UN Security Council Resolution 1701, which brought an end to the Second Lebanon War in 2006.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Israel Strikes Syrian Airbase After Turkish Military Visit, Drawing Rare U.S. Rebuke
Israel Strikes Syrian Airbase After Turkish Military Visit, Drawing Rare U.S. Rebuke

Israel carried out an unusual airstrike deep inside northwestern Syria early Tuesday, targeting the strategic Abu al-Duhur military airfield shortly after a Turkish military delegation reportedly visited the base to assess its rehabilitation, according to Israeli and Syrian reports. The operation prompted a rare public rebuke from a senior U.S. envoy.

Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns
Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns

Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.

Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback
Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback

President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.

Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington
Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington

Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.

Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)
Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)

U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.

Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble
Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble

Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.

Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)
Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)

The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.