
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Israel Defense Forces fighting the Hamas terror group in Gaza have recovered the bodies of five Israelis they believe were murdered by Hamas during the Oct. 7 massacre and taken to the Strip the same day, the Jerusalem Post reports. The confirmed deaths of the five Israelis means there remain 115 hostages, alive or dead, in Gaza.
In a joint operation in the Khan Younis area of Gaza, the IDF and the Shin Bet Israeli security agency recovered the bodies of Maya Goren, Sgt. Kiril Brodski, Staff-Sergeant Tomer Achimas, Oren Goldin, and Warrant Officer (res.) Ravid Aryeh Katz, JPost reports. The bodies of the dead hostages were returned to their families in Israel on Wednesday, the IDF announced on Thursday.
“Maya Goren, 56, from Kibbutz Nir Oz, was kidnapped to the Gaza Strip on October 7. In December, it was announced she had been killed on that day. Her husband, Avner, was also murdered on October 7. The couple left behind four children: Asif, Bar, Gal, and Dekel,” JPost said.
“Sgt. Kiril Brodski, 19, from Ramat Gan, was killed while fighting on October 7 near Kibbutz Nirim. In November, it was announced that Brodski had been killed on October 7 and that his body had been kidnapped to Gaza,” JPost said.
“Staff Sergeant Tomer Yaakov Ahimas, 20, from Lehavim, was killed in battle in Nirim on October 7. In November, it was announced that he had been killed on October 7, and his body had been kidnapped to Gaza,” JPost reports.
“Oren Goldin, 33, a member of the Kibbutz Nir Yitzhak’s emergency standby squad, was killed on October 7. Three additional members of the kibbutz’s standby squad were kidnapped alongside Goldin, JPost said.
“Warrant Officer (res.) Ravid Aryeh Katz, 51, from Nir Oz, was killed on October 7. In November, it was announced that he had been killed on October 7, and his body had been kidnapped to Gaza,” JPost reports.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.
Dutch Prime Minister Rob Jetten faced mounting pressure Sunday after two people died in a traffic accident linked to a farmers’ protest, while his government was drawn into a separate controversy over a prominent statesman’s comparison involving Israel and Nazi Germany.
Amid mounting military cooperation, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un reaffirmed deepening ties with Russia in a message to President Vladimir Putin as Pyongyang marked the anniversary of “independence from Japan’s colonial rule,” state media reported Sunday.






