
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – On Saturday, communities in northern Israel were on high alert as Hezbollah, an Iranian-backed terrorist organization, fired a barrage of dozens of rockets that Hezbollah said was an “initial response” to the alleged assassination of Hamas terror chief Selah al-Arouri by Israel last week.
A barrage of at least 40 rockets was directed at northern Israel, targeting the Galilee and Golan Heights regions. Reports indicate that several missiles struck Mount Meron while others were intercepted. In response, the IDF announced it had targeted and struck a terrorist cell involved in the rocket launches.
Hezbollah claimed to have “launched 62 missiles; this is the first response to the crime of assassinating the great leader Saleh al-Arouri in Beirut,” the terror organization said in a statement.
The rocket barrage set off alerts for incoming rockets and drones in 90 northern Israeli communities.
This recent large-scale barrage on the northern border, one of the largest since the “Simchat Torah War” started on October 7, followed just a day after Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah threatened northern Israeli residents stating, “that northern Israeli residents would suffer first if a full-scale war broke out in the area.”
It is estimated that Hezbollah possesses around 150,000 rockets and missiles. This arsenal includes thousands, possibly tens of thousands, capable of reaching central Israel, along with hundreds of precision-guided missiles.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Nuclear material has been discovered in Syria and placed under International Atomic Energy Agency oversight, reviving attention on a clandestine nuclear program that Israel destroyed nearly two decades ago.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner have reached an understanding that Hamas must be fully disarmed and the Gaza Strip demilitarized before reconstruction begins or Israeli forces withdraw, marking a significant narrowing of differences between Jerusalem and the Trump administration over the future of Gaza.
Humanoid robots capable of navigating rugged terrain, detecting people and conducting around-the-clock surveillance could eventually join U.S. Border Patrol operations along the southern border, as an American robotics company moves closer to potential national-security deployments.
Israel carried out an unusual airstrike deep inside northwestern Syria early Tuesday, targeting the strategic Abu al-Duhur military airfield shortly after a Turkish military delegation reportedly visited the base to assess its rehabilitation, according to Israeli and Syrian reports. The operation prompted a rare public rebuke from a senior U.S. envoy.
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.






