
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
BEIRUT/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Israel’s military announced Monday they had uncovered an extensive underground Hezbollah base in Lebanon from where the Iran-backed group planned “a larger massacre” in Israel than the one carried out by Hamas on October 7.
The discovery came on the day that the Lebanese Red Cross said 18 people were killed in an Israeli strike hitting Aitou in northern Lebanon as part of a widening military campaign that Israel says is aimed at Hezbollah.
Footage reviewed by Worthy News shows that the base purportedly served as a command and control center for Hezbollah’s special forces, the Radwan Forces, stretching 800 meters (2,624) feet underground.
IDF Chief Spokesperson Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, carrying a rifle, said: “They were planning, with these motorcycles here, to enter Kiryat Shmona, to Yiftah, to villages and positions inside Israel and conduct a massacre. They were here only a couple of days ago.”
He spoke after the IDF’s Yahalom unit raided the base where a wall was adorned with a picture of late Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah, who was assassinated by Israel last month.
The IDF said they entered the underground Hezbollah hideout following “intelligence collected in southern Lebanon.”
PLANNED INVASION
Inside, they found helicopter-fired missiles, mortar shells, motorcycles, living quarters, and means for long-term stays, including a kitchen stocked with food and supplies, the video showed.
The IDF believes these supplies were to be used during a planned Hezbollah invasion of Israel to kill more people than Hamas on October 7, when some 1,200 people died.
It also expressed concern that Hezbollah was able to store weapons near a base of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), a U.N. peacekeeping mission.
Footage shared with Worthy News appeared to confirm that assessment. “You might be asking yourself the same question we are: ‘How come Hezbollah is able to embed their weapons just a few meters away from a UNIFIL post?’” the IDF said.
The discoveries came while the Lebanese Red Cross said at least 18 people were killed in Aitou, the first known time that Israel targeted the Christian-majority northern region.
The latest clashes came after the IDF said a Hezbollah drone attack “killed four Israeli soldiers at an Israeli army base south of Haifa on Sunday night.”
DEADLIEST ATTACKS
It was described as one of the deadliest attacks against Israel by Hezbollah in over a year of fighting.
In Lebanon, 51 people were killed by Israeli strikes across the country on Sunday, the health ministry said, but those figures were complex to verify independently.
Elsewhere in Gaza, Hamas-run authorities said an Israeli attack on a school used as a shelter “killed 22 people” on Sunday, “including 15 children.”
The U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees says the building was to be used to administer polio vaccines in Gaza.
Israel says it wants to avoid casualties among civilians but adds that Iran’s proxies, including Hezbollah and Hamas, use civilians as “human shields.”
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
The Russia-Ukraine war rapidly escalated Sunday as more than 800 Ukrainian drones targeted Russia in Ukraine’s largest such attack this year, killing at least seven people, officials said.
Firefighters backed by Dutch military helicopters battled Belgium’s largest wildfire on record Sunday as flames swept through nearly 3,000 hectares (7,400 acres) of nature reserve and threatened areas near the German border, while deadly blazes raged elsewhere in Europe, including Greece.
Iran-backed Hezbollah threatened to retaliate after Israel said Saturday it had killed a commander of the group in an attack that killed at least 11 people.
Kevin Rideout, an American missionary pilot kidnapped by suspected Islamist militants in Niger’s capital, Niamey, in October last year, has been released and is in U.S. custody, U.S. President Donald J. Trump confirmed Friday.
Concerns are mounting over increasing violence against Christians and churches across Europe after dozens of churches, religious symbols and worshipers were targeted in July, including cases involving bodily waste, arson and the stabbing of a woman praying in an Irish Catholic church.
Hungary’s former ruling Fidesz party suffered a legal setback Friday after the Constitutional Court rejected its challenge to the dismantling of controversial foundations holding vast amounts of state assets, while separate scrutiny intensified over billions of forints in public money spent on former Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s social-media operation.
The United States is rapidly approaching another historic fiscal milestone, with the national debt now nearing $40 trillion as Washington continues running massive annual deficits and interest costs consume a growing share of federal spending.






