
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Soon after Israel announced preparations for an anticipated “broader military conflict” with Hezbollah, the Iran-backed Islamic terrorist group launched 160 missiles – its largest single barrage to date – at northern Israel towns on Wednesday morning, Ynet News reports. The particularly large barrage of missiles was launched on the first day of Shavuot (Feast of Weeks), a Biblical holiday celebrated in Israel.
In solidarity with Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, Hezbollah has launched thousands of rockets at northern Israel since Iran-backed Hamas’ genocidal attack against Israeli civilians on Oct. 7 last year.
Wednesday’s barrage was apparently triggered by Israel’s assassination overnight of senior Hezbollah commander Abu Taleb, who was in charge of southern Lebanon up to the Litani River, Ynet reports. Three other senior Hezbollah terrorists were killed alongside Taleb during an IDF strike on a house near Tyre.
“The strike on Hezbollah leaders came after another intense day of fighting on the northern front on Shavuot Eve [Tue. Jun. 11],” Ynet News said in a report. “Hezbollah fired 15 rockets at the Galilee region, with no casualties reported. The IDF intercepted some of the rockets, while others fell in unpopulated areas. The rocket barrage also disrupted Shavuot celebrations in Kibbutz Neot Mordechai.”
Causing fires in various locations, Wednesday’s rockets were launched at Israeli towns and cities, including Meron, Safed, Rosh Pinna, and Tiberias, Ynet reports. Some 12,000 people have been evacuated and displaced from their homes in Tiberias by the Sea of Galilee due to Hezbollah missiles launched since Oct. 7.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






