
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
BEIRUT/DAMASCUS/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Two people were killed when Hezbollah fired dozens of rockets at the Golan Heights on Tuesday in retaliation for the killing of the ex-bodyguard of its leader in an Israeli strike, Israeli police said.
One missile launched by Lebanon-based Hezbollah, viewed as a terrorist group by Israel, hit a car in the Golan that “instantly” killed a man and woman, according to security officials.
Israel’s ambulance service had initially said paramedics reported two casualties “in critical condition” after red-alert sirens went off in Israeli-controlled Golan.
The attack came after Hezbollah said an Israeli strike in Syria hit a vehicle and killed a former bodyguard of its leader, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah.
Israeli sources confirmed he was targeted because he had recently been involved in “transporting weapons for the terror group” Hezbollah as a mid-ranking official.
The Iran-backed group did not explain his role, but supporters mourned the death on social media.
Earlier Tuesday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a pro-opposition war monitor based in Britain, reported the Israeli strike on the car on the Damascus-Beirut highway.
DRIVER INJURED
The group also said a Syrian driver received critical wounds.
“We do not comment on reports in the foreign media,” said an Israeli military spokesperson after the strike.
The tensions highlighted international concerns about a possible all-out war between Israeli forces and Hezbollah, which has been launching attacks against Israel since its ally Hamas killed 1,200 people and kidnapped some 250 others in the Jewish nation on October 7.
Israeli airstrikes in Lebanon have killed more than 450 people since then, including over 80 civilians, according to independent observers.
In Israel, 17 soldiers and 11 civilians have reportedly been killed in Hezbollah strikes.
However, at least tens of thousands of people on both sides of the Lebanon-Israel border have been displaced as fighting escalates.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






