
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Israeli President Isaac Herzog confirmed Tuesday that Israel is certainly open to “historic, game changing” normalized relations with its historical enemy, Saudi Arabia, Ynet News reports.
Together with Egypt and Jordan, Saudi Arabia was one of the six Arab nations which attacked Israel as soon as the Jewish state declared independence in 1948. While Egypt and Jordan went on to make peace with Israel, Saudi Arabia never officially did. However, Israel and Saudi Arabia now have a shared enemy in Iran: the Iranian threat has brought the Saudis and Israelis closer together.
The issue of Israeli-Saudi normalization has been at the center of talks on a US-Saudi bilateral security deal. The US wants Saudi Arabia to join the Abraham Accords, which have seen multiple previously hostile states normalize relations with Israel. For their part, the Saudis have said normalization must include an end to the Gaza war and a two-solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflicts. Talks are ongoing between the US and Saudi Arabia and between Israel and the US.
“We have a significant opportunity for normalization with Saudi Arabia before us, and I hope it’s being taken seriously,” President Isaac Herzog told a conference gathering at the Israel Democracy Institute on Tuesday.
“Just two days ago, I met with US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan. This normalization could bring about monumental change – it’s a historic game changer that symbolizes a triumph over Iran’s malevolent influence.”
“Two months prior to the war, President Biden unveiled a grand vision to connect Europe to Southeast Asia and the US to Australia – all through the Eastern Hemisphere,” Herzog continued.
“On October 7, the forces of evil tried to obliterate the chance for normalization, but our battle is not solely against Hamas. It is a broader, strategic, and historical struggle. We must do everything in our power to align ourselves with the vision of normalization,” Herzog stated.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






