
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
GAZA/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – “Hamas terrorists” violated a ceasefire agreement on Tuesday by attacking Israeli forces in the northern Gaza Strip, but efforts were underway to extend the truce, Israeli sources said.
Soon after the reported attack, Israeli fighter jets were scrambled over the Gaza Strip, Palestinian media reported.
The apparent truce violations came as Israel expected the return of a further 10 hostages held by Hamas since October 7.
However, at least three Israeli soldiers will not return as they were killed and their bodies taken by Hamas on October 7, said the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).
The fallen troops were identified as Tomer Yaakov Ahimas, 20, Kiril Brodski, 19, and Shaked Dahan, 19.
As tensions rose, a spokesperson for Hamas’s military wing, the al-Qassam Brigades, claimed that Israeli forces had committed a “clear violation” of the ceasefire in the northern Gaza Strip. Spokesman Abu Obeidah claimed that Hamas had “dealt with” this violation.
COMMITTED TO TRUCE
“We are committed to the truce as long as the enemy has committed to it. And we call on the mediators to pressure the occupation to adhere to all the terms of the truce on the ground and in the air,” added Obeidah in published remarks.
Under the terms of the agreement, 11 Israeli hostages returned to Israel on Monday, bringing the total released to 76.
But many families were still uncertain Tuesday when and if their loved ones will return.
Despite the uncertainty and isolated clashes, the United Nations said it had managed to get “desperately needed aid” into Gaza but added “much more” is needed.
Hamas crossed the border and killed 1,200 people in Israel on 7 October, with about 240 taken hostage.
Since then, Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry says more than 14,500 people have been killed in Israel’s retaliatory campaign, although those figures have been complex to verify independently.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Nuclear material has been discovered in Syria and placed under International Atomic Energy Agency oversight, reviving attention on a clandestine nuclear program that Israel destroyed nearly two decades ago.
The U.S. Supreme Court has been asked to weigh in on a growing national battle over whether states may require the Ten Commandments to be displayed in public-school classrooms, potentially setting the stage for a major First Amendment ruling.
A prominent house church pastor and six other Christians have disappeared after being detained by police in Wenzhou, a major Christian center in eastern China often called the “Jerusalem of China.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner have reached an understanding that Hamas must be fully disarmed and the Gaza Strip demilitarized before reconstruction begins or Israeli forces withdraw, marking a significant narrowing of differences between Jerusalem and the Trump administration over the future of Gaza.
Humanoid robots capable of navigating rugged terrain, detecting people and conducting around-the-clock surveillance could eventually join U.S. Border Patrol operations along the southern border, as an American robotics company moves closer to potential national-security deployments.
Israel carried out an unusual airstrike deep inside northwestern Syria early Tuesday, targeting the strategic Abu al-Duhur military airfield shortly after a Turkish military delegation reportedly visited the base to assess its rehabilitation, according to Israeli and Syrian reports. The operation prompted a rare public rebuke from a senior U.S. envoy.
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.






