Hamas Publishes Hostage Video As Biden Reveals Ceasefire Plan

By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News

WASHINGTON/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Hamas, deemed a terrorist organization by Israel, has published a video featuring what is believed to be the voice of Gaza hostage Noa Argamani in captivity, Israeli sources confirmed Friday. It came as U.S. President Joe Biden unveiled an Israeli ceasefire plan in Gaza, but Hamas did not immediately react.

Israel’s Hostages and Missing Families Forum condemned the Hamas footage, saying: “125 hostages have been in Hamas captivity for 238 days. There is no need for a propaganda video from Hamas to echo our call to the Israeli government.”

Argamani, 25, became a symbol of the suffering endured by Hamas hostages as she featured in one of the first Hamas videos released of the October 7 massacre, in which Hamas fighters killed some 1.200 people, including raped women and babies, in southern Israel.

Hundreds were kidnapped, including Argamani, who was seen being abducted by a motorcycle as she yelled, “Don’t kill me!” Her arms were outstretched toward her boyfriend, Avinatan Or, who was also kidnapped at the festival they visited.

Soon, Argamani became “the face of the Nova music festival hostages,” supporters said.

In Friday’s video, the voice identified as Argamani said, “I am imprisoned with Al-Qassam Brigades. I have been in captivity for more than 237 days and do not know when.”

She also urged “thousands of women and men to come out and block the streets of Tel Aviv and do not return home until we return home. Do not put our fate in the hands of [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu Netanyahu and the War Council.”

PRESIDENT BIDEN

The video statement, likely made under duress, came as U.S. President Joe Biden announced that Israel had proposed a new ready-to-be-implemented ceasefire agreement containing three phases.

Phase 1 foresees “a complete ceasefire” for six weeks, the withdrawal of Israel Defense Forces (IDF) soldiers from Gaza, the partial release of some of the remaining hostages, a swap for Palestinian prisoners, and the entry of 600 trucks into the strip. This phase would last six weeks.

Phase 2 would include a “permanent end to hostilities, with a possible extension of the six-week ceasefire. Additionally, the release of the remaining hostages, including soldiers, would be arranged, followed by the formal permanent cessation of hostilities, Biden revealed.

Phase 3 expects the reparation of the Gaza Strip as well as the eventual return of the remains of the hostages who died in Hamas captivity. Once achieved, this phase would also include the return of the remains of the hostages who died in Hamas captivity.

It was unclear whether this would be soon enough for hostage Argamani, who had previously featured in Hamas’s hostage videos, which Israelis view as part of an “ongoing campaign of psychological terror.”

In January, she appeared alongside fellow captives Yossi Sharabi, 53, and Itai Svirsky, 38. Both Svirsky and Sharabi were later reported as having been killed.

Noa’s mother, Liora Argamani, has stage 4 brain cancer. Liora has repeatedly expressed her desire to see her daughter again.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns
Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns

Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.

Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback
Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback

President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.

Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington
Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington

Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.

Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)
Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)

U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.

Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble
Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble

Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.

Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)
Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)

The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.

New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges
New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges

New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.