
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Four soldiers were killed in northern Gaza, bringing the total of fallen troops in the territory on or since October 7 of last year to 734 soldiers, the military announced Thursday.
Separately, a soldier was killed in Lebanon, where Israeli forces launched a ground offensive against Hezbollah, the Iran-backed group that launched rocket barrages against Israel, forcing tens of thousands of Israelis to evacuate.
The latest fallen soldiers in Gaza were named as Staff Sergeant Major Ori Moshe Borenstein, 32, from Moreshet, Major Netanel Hershkovitz, 37, from Jerusalem, and Staff Sergeant Major Tzvi Matityahu Marantz, from Bnei Adam.
Sources said the three served in the Logistical Support Unit of the 5460th Unit, which is part of the 460th Brigade.
The soldier killed in combat in southern Lebanon was Sergeant Major Ronny Gazinate, 36, from the central Israeli city of Giv’at Shmuel, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed Thursday.
The IDF added that another reservist was seriously wounded in the same incident but did not publish his name. Gazinate is survived by his wife Shoshana and three children, who had all immigrated to Israel from France as a family, Israeli sources said.
SERVING IN RESERVES
Over the past year, he reportedly served more than 200 days in the reserves. A week ago, he said on the social media platform Facebook that he was called up for reserve duty for the third time since October 7. “Third time’s the charm,” he wrote.
When he completed his second round of reserve duty in July, he wrote on Facebook that “it’s good to be home” and thanked his wife, “who manages the house, the kids, and her work all on her own.”
He addressed her, saying: “You’re a superhero; you deserve a commendation! Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity and the strength to contribute to our country.”
In total, at least nine Israeli soldiers were killed in Lebanon since Israel launched combat ground operations there on October 1, according to a Worthy News tally.
Confirmation of the latest Israeli casualties came as Lebanon’s health ministry said Thursday that 11 people were killed and 48 injured in an Israeli strike on central Beirut, the capital.
Israel says it is targetting Hezbollah and its leaders but accuses the Islamic group of hiding fighters and weapons among civilians.
UN HIT
However, the United Nations said its troops were also targeted, including two Indonesian peacekeepers who were injured after an Israeli tank allegedly fired at a watchtower in southern Lebanon.
The U.N. claimed Israeli forces had “repeatedly hit” its positions in the last 24 hours.
Israeli soldiers are also accused of deliberately shooting at the cameras and lights at two other United Nations Interim Force (UNIFIL) bases.
Israel did not immediately comment, but it has accused at least some U.N. workers of actively supporting Iran’s proxies, such as Hamas.
Earlier in the day, Palestinian sources said 28 people were killed in an Israeli strike on a school in central Gaza, where Israel noted Hamas “terrorists were hiding.”
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
The Russia-Ukraine war rapidly escalated Sunday as more than 800 Ukrainian drones targeted Russia in Ukraine’s largest such attack this year, killing at least seven people, officials said.
Firefighters backed by Dutch military helicopters battled Belgium’s largest wildfire on record Sunday as flames swept through nearly 3,000 hectares (7,400 acres) of nature reserve and threatened areas near the German border, while deadly blazes raged elsewhere in Europe, including Greece.
Iran-backed Hezbollah threatened to retaliate after Israel said Saturday it had killed a commander of the group in an attack that killed at least 11 people.
Kevin Rideout, an American missionary pilot kidnapped by suspected Islamist militants in Niger’s capital, Niamey, in October last year, has been released and is in U.S. custody, U.S. President Donald J. Trump confirmed Friday.
Concerns are mounting over increasing violence against Christians and churches across Europe after dozens of churches, religious symbols and worshipers were targeted in July, including cases involving bodily waste, arson and the stabbing of a woman praying in an Irish Catholic church.
Hungary’s former ruling Fidesz party suffered a legal setback Friday after the Constitutional Court rejected its challenge to the dismantling of controversial foundations holding vast amounts of state assets, while separate scrutiny intensified over billions of forints in public money spent on former Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s social-media operation.
The United States is rapidly approaching another historic fiscal milestone, with the national debt now nearing $40 trillion as Washington continues running massive annual deficits and interest costs consume a growing share of federal spending.






