First Aid Shipment In Gaza From US Pier

By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News

JERUSALEM/GAZA CITY (Worthy News) – The first shipment of humanitarian aid has arrived in Gaza via a temporary floating pier anchored to a beach of the war-torn enclave, the U.S. and Israeli military confirmed Friday.

The United States Central Command said aid trucks had begun moving ashore at about 09:00 a.m. local time, and U.S. allies were also involved in the operation.

Britain’s Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said 8,400 plastic shelters had been delivered.

About 500 tonnes of British aid, including tents, hygiene kits, and forklift trucks, were due to reach Gaza via the pier, built by American forces in the coming weeks. Sunak said the maritime route was “not the only answer” to the humanitarian crisis in the enclave.

The shipment is the first in an operation that American military officials anticipate could scale up to 150 truckloads a day.

The Israel Defense Forces and the Israeli Defense Ministry confirmed that over “300 pallets of supplies” had been transferred via the pier.

In Washington, National Security Council spokesman John Kirby at the White House said the pallets were in the initial delivery and “handed over to the United Nations,” preparing it for distribution.

HUNDREDS OF TONS

Hundreds of tons of aid arrived in Cyprus, where screening takes place before being loaded onto ships for delivery to the pier.

Earlier, USAID response director Dan Dieckhaus said construction of the pier – known as a Joint Logistics Over-the-Shore (JLOTS) system – is complete.

Officially, no American soldiers will enter the Gaza Strip while operating the pier throughout this mission, the U.S. Central Command stressed.

The operation came while Israel’s military pressed on the southern city of Rafah, where it believes the last four battalions of Hamas are based.

The U.S. has urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu not to invade Rafah as more than a million people sought shelter there.

Netanyahu said his country had no other choice than to go into Rafah to destroy Hamas after it attacked Israel on October 7, killing as many as 1,200 people and kidnapping hundreds more.

Israel has denied it is responsible for hunger due to its war against Hamas, saying “the terror group” is responsible as it allegedly steals aid or sells it at high prices at markets.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns
Declassified FBI Files Reveal Alleged Chinese Influence Campaign Using Sex, Donations and Political Interns

Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.

Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback
Board of Peace Weighs Major Shift in Hamas Disarmament Plan Amid Israeli Pushback

President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.

Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington
Iran Quietly Prepared for Wider War While Pursuing Talks With Washington

Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.

Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)
Trump Cuts US-South Korea Drills, Citing Good Ties With North Korea’s Leader Despite Christian Persecution (Worthy News In-Depth)

U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.

Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble
Indonesia Quake Toll Rises To 53 As Christians Pray, Rescuers Search Rubble

Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.

Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)
Pentagon Schools Adding Christianity-Focused Western Civilization Course (Worthy News In-Depth)

The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.

New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges
New York Jews Reeling After Synagogue Attack, Hate Crime Charges

New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.