
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – The Biden Administration confirmed it had paused a significant bomb shipment to Israel, concerned about its potential use in a ground operation in Rafah. President Joe Biden has stated that his administration will not support or provide offensive weapons to Israel if it launches an attack against Hamas in Rafah.
The Biden Administration, concerned about the potential harm to civilians in Rafah, where over a million displaced Palestinians reside, has strongly objected to a major offensive there. As a result, the US has initiated virtual discussions with Israeli officials to consider less invasive strategies for targeting Hamas.
“I’ve made it clear to Bibi and the war cabinet: They’re not going to get our support if they go [into] these population centers,” Biden said in an interview with CNN.
Biden’s comments also suggest a possible permanent extension of the freeze his administration imposed last week on transferring heavy bombs to Israel, due to worries that they might be used in densely populated areas of Rafah, similar to their use in other parts of Gaza.
“I made it clear that if they go into — they haven’t gone in Rafah yet — [then] I’m not supplying the weapons that have been used historically to deal with Rafah, to deal with the cities, that deal with that problem,” Biden stated, explaining that the operation initiated by the IDF earlier this week was confined to the Rafah border crossing, although “it’s causing problems with Egypt… which I’ve worked very hard to make sure we have a relationship and help.”
“Civilians have been killed in Gaza as a consequence of those bombs and other ways in which [Israel] goes after population centers,” Biden said, pointing to the 2,000-pound bombs that his administration held back last week. “But it’s just wrong. We’re not going to supply the weapons and artillery shells,” Biden asserted.
However, Biden clarified that the US will still provide Israel with Iron Dome missile interceptors and other defensive weapons to ensure that Jerusalem can defend against attacks from regional adversaries, like last month’s extensive missile and drone assault from Iran and its proxies.
Earlier on Wednesday, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin informed the Senate Appropriations Committee that the US had temporarily halted a munitions shipment to Israel, citing concerns about Rafah.
“We’ve also been very clear about the steps that we want to see Israel take” to safeguard civilians in a significant combat scenario, Austin stated on Wednesday. “The US doesn’t want such a major IDF combat operation to occur, but if it does proceed, our focus is on ensuring civilian protection.”
However, Austin emphasized that the US continues to stand by Israel’s security and right to self-defense.
“Our commitment to Israel is ironclad,” he said, noting that the US has provided billions in security assistance to Israel and “we will continue to do what is necessary to support Israel.” He added, “We are currently reviewing some near-term security assistance shipments in light of the developing situation in Rafah.”
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is considering a significant overhaul of its Gaza disarmament framework after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a plan that would have linked Hamas weapons handovers to phased Israeli troop withdrawals, according to an exclusive report by The Times of Israel.
Iran’s rulers were quietly preparing for a broader and potentially prolonged Middle East war even as Tehran publicly engaged in diplomatic efforts with the United States, according to an exclusive investigation by The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to “substantially reduce” military exercises with key regional ally South Korea, citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s refusal to assist Washington in its confrontation with Iran.
Rescue teams in eastern Indonesia recovered six more bodies Sunday following a powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake, raising the death toll to at least 53 as Christians prayed for victims and rescuers struggled to reach isolated communities.
The U.S. Department of Defense is introducing a course centered on Christianity and Western civilization this fall in the schools it operates for military families, while casting Islam as a threat to both.
New York’s Jewish community was reeling Sunday as a judge ordered a man held on bail after prosecutors said he admitted to disrupting Shabbat services at Manhattan’s Central Synagogue and assaulting two people there.






