
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
TEHRAN/WASHINGTON (Worthy News) – Iran has denied interfering in American affairs after the United States warned Tehran to stop plotting against former President Donald J. Trump, who seeks to return to the White House.
U.S. President Joe Biden has been briefed regularly on the threats, and he directed his team to address Iranian plots against Americans, including Trump, according to officials familiar with the situation.
On Wednesday, Newt Gingrich, the former Republican speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, expressed concern about Tehran’s threats against Trump.
He told the Fox News Channel, calling it “one of the major threats to the United States” as killing an American leader would be an act of war.
Iran, in turn, said Washington has interfered in its affairs for decades, citing events ranging from a 1953 coup against a prime minister to the 2020 killing of its military commander in a U.S. drone strike.
In January 2020, Trump ordered a U.S. air strike that killed Iran’s then-top military commander, Qassem Soleimani, saying he had received intelligence that Soleimani was planning imminent attacks on diplomats and U.S. troops in Lebanon, Syria, and elsewhere in the Middle East.
TRUMP BRIEFED
Tehran is also furious that Trump, as president, withdrew from the Iran nuclear deal, unraveling the signature foreign policy of his predecessor Barack Obama, and that he moved the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, according to a Worthy News assessment.
His campaign has said that Trump, who survived two assassination attempts, was briefed by U.S. intelligence officials on the alleged threat from Iran.
It comes while Trump is now in a political battle against Vice President Kamala Harris in the race for the November 5 election.
A Fox News national survey showed former President Trump two percentage points ahead of Vice President Kamala Harris in the presidential contest.
He would receive 50 percent against 48 percent for Harris in the popular while also making gains in the so-called “swing states” that could go either way, according to the survey.
That’s a reversal from last month when Harris had a narrow advantage.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
The U.S. Air Force launched an unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile from Vandenberg Space Force Base in Southern California early Wednesday, saying the long-planned test was designed to verify the readiness of America’s land-based nuclear deterrent.
Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived in Beijing late Tuesday for high-level talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping, as Moscow and Beijing prepare to advance a joint statement promoting what they call a “multipolar” world order.
Despite the White House publicly urging the Republican-controlled House of Representatives to approve the U.S. Senate’s bipartisan housing bill, House lawmakers have put forth their own version of the bill that strips provisions reining in private equity.
President Donald Trump has given Iran only a “limited period of time” to present an acceptable peace proposal after calling off planned U.S. strikes, even as the Wall Street Journal reported that Tehran’s negotiating position remains largely unchanged from earlier failed talks.
Iran’s Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei used a series of posts on X Tuesday to describe Tehran’s war with the United States and Israel in terms one counterterrorism analyst called “jihad — sacred religious war,” even as ordinary Iranians remain largely cut off from the internet since the war began.
Israeli leaders are preparing for the possibility that war with Iran could resume within days, as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu convened a second limited security cabinet meeting in 24 hours amid growing coordination with Washington.
Global oil inventories are being drained at an alarming pace as the Iran war and the closure of the Strait of Hormuz continue to disrupt energy markets, International Energy Agency chief Fatih Birol warned Monday.