
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – The US launched multiple strikes on Houthi targets in Yemen on Saturday evening, according to a US Defense official. The strikes targeted several advanced weapons storage facilities across at least three locations, which were being used to threaten shipping vessels navigating international waters off the coast of Yemen.
A U.S. defense official told ABC News that U.S. Central Command forces “conducted multiple airstrikes on numerous Iran-backed Houthi weapons storage facilities within Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen.”
“The official explained that “the targets contained various advanced conventional weapons used to target military and civilian vessels navigating international waters throughout the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden.”
For months, the Iran-backed Houthis have targeted ships in the Red Sea, a major global shipping route, claiming these attacks are retaliation for Israel’s military actions against Hamas in Gaza.
The Houthis, Hamas, and Hezbollah, all part of an Iran-led ‘axis of evil’ that spans Yemen, Syria, Gaza, and Iraq, have been targeting Israel and its allies since the conflict began last year. They have declared that they will continue their attacks on Israel and its allies until a ceasefire is established in Gaza.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
TrumpRx is expanding to about seven times its current size, adding more than 600 generic prescription drugs to the months-old direct-to-consumer government website, the president said Monday.
Pakistan has deployed about 8,000 troops, a squadron of fighter jets, drones, and an air defense system to Saudi Arabia under a confidential mutual defense pact, according to an exclusive Reuters report.
President Donald Trump said Monday that he has called off a planned U.S. military strike against Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing urgent requests from Gulf leaders and what he described as “serious negotiations” aimed at reaching a deal with Tehran.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israeli forces now control roughly 60% of the Gaza Strip, marking a significant expansion of Israel’s security hold inside the enclave months after the U.S.-brokered ceasefire took effect.
Israeli forces struck more than 30 Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure sites across Southern Lebanon over the past 24 hours, the Israel Defense Forces said Monday morning, as the Iranian-backed group continued attacks on Israeli troops and border communities.
The United States has completed a secret nuclear security mission to remove roughly 30 pounds of highly enriched uranium from Venezuela, transferring the material from the country’s shuttered RV-1 research reactor to a secure U.S. facility in South Carolina.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with President Donald Trump on Sunday evening as Israel and the United States weighed the possibility of renewed military action against Iran, following stalled nuclear negotiations and a drone strike near a nuclear power station in the United Arab Emirates.