
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Following talks in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, the US has agreed to resume military aid and intelligence sharing with Ukraine, which has accepted a US-proposed 30-day ceasefire to facilitate further discussions aimed at ending the Russia-Ukraine war, according to a joint statement.
At the Jeddah talks, the US was represented by Secretary of State Marco Rubio and National Security Adviser Mike Waltz, while Ukraine’s delegation included Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha, Presidential Aide Andriy Yermak, and Defense Minister Rustem Umerov.
“The President wanted this war to end yesterday… So our hope is that the Russians will answer ‘yes’ as quickly as possible, so we can get to the second phase of this, which is real negotiations,” Rubio told reporters after the statement was issued.
Tuesday’s meeting in Jeddah enabled Washington and Kyiv representatives to resume face-to-face talks following a Feb. 28 Oval Office disagreement between U.S. President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy over Ukraine’s readiness to negotiate and compromise with Russia.
After the dispute, Trump halted all U.S. aid to Ukraine, including intelligence sharing. However, post-Jeddah discussions led to an announcement that the U.S. would resume security assistance and lift its hold on intelligence sharing with Ukraine.
National security adviser Mike Waltz stated, “the Ukrainian delegation today made something very clear, that they share President Trump’s vision for peace.” He added that negotiators “got into substantive details on how this war is going to permanently end,” focusing on long-term security guarantees.
The two sides announced that Washington and Kyiv have agreed to swiftly finalize a comprehensive agreement to develop Ukraine’s critical mineral resources. This deal, under discussion for weeks, was jeopardized by a contentious White House meeting between Trump and Zelenskyy last week. Zelenskyy confirmed that both countries are committed to concluding the minerals agreement soon.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Several European countries were on high alert Wednesday as Lithuania’s president and prime minister were rushed to underground bunkers and residents of the capital, Vilnius, urged to take shelter during a warning issued after a drone violated the country’s airspace. The turbulence came after Russia warned it could attack Baltic countries despite being part of the NATO military alliance, while Britain reported Russian Air Force activity dangerously close to its spy plane.
The U.S. special envoy to Greenland suggested Wednesday that Washington could still seek greater control over the Arctic island, saying it was time for the United States “to put its footprint back” on Greenland.
In an unprecedented move for an American leader, U.S. President Donald J. Trump said Wednesday he plans to speak with Taiwan’s President Lai Ching-te, after China’s and Russia’s leaders condemned Washington’s “irresponsible” foreign policy.
Hungary’s new Prime Minister Péter Magyar and his governing Tisza party have submitted their first constitutional amendment to parliament in a move that would prevent longtime premier Viktor Orbán from ever returning to power.
Russia threatened to attack Baltic nations if they assist Ukraine in launching drones into Russian territory, despite their membership in the Western NATO military alliance.
An Israeli Christian leader is urging the government to formally recognize Christians as a distinct community with stronger political representation, citing what church leaders and advocacy groups describe as growing harassment and discrimination against Christians in Israel.
Israel moved closer to early elections Wednesday after a bill to dissolve the 25th Knesset passed its preliminary reading with overwhelming support, exposing the deepening fractures inside Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s governing coalition.