Thousands of Churches Partner to Reach Zambia with the Gospel

by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent

(Worthy News) – The US-based evangelistic Luis Palau Association partnered with 4,900 churches to hold a three-day Gospel festival in Zambia that reached nearly half a million people, Christian Daily International.

Founded more than 60 years ago to “proclaim the Good News, unite the Church, and impact cities worldwide,” the Luis Palau Association shares the Gospel through, among other things, hosting evangelistic festivals to share the Good News in cities around the world.

This year, following five months of groundwork featuring Gospel events held by the Association and its partner churches at local prisons, medical clinics, sports clinics, school outreaches, and more, the three-day Gospel festival was held in Zambia’s capital city of Lusaka.

Titled the Love Zambia Festival, the event took place at the National Heroes Stadium between September 13-15, CDI reports.

“It was such a receptive group (the inmates),” evangelist Andrew Palau attests in a post on the Luis Palau Facebook page. They are engaged in the Gospel message and actively dancing to the worship music. These crowds can be tough, but in this group, you could feel a sense of joy as they laughed and joked, fully tuned in to the message.”

The Zambia initiative reportedly reached more than 374,900 people in person with the Good News and led more than 154,600 people toward a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, CDI said.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Federal Court Blocks Texas Border Security Law, Abbott To Appeal
Federal Court Blocks Texas Border Security Law, Abbott To Appeal

After the Fifth Circuit last month allowed Texas’ border security law, SB 4, to go into effect, another federal court has now blocked four of its provisions.

U.S. Announces 45-Day Extension of Lebanon Ceasefire as Hezbollah Fighting Continues Along Israel’s Northern Border
U.S. Announces 45-Day Extension of Lebanon Ceasefire as Hezbollah Fighting Continues Along Israel’s Northern Border

Israel and Lebanon have agreed to extend their ceasefire by 45 days as the United States pushes forward with a broader diplomatic framework aimed at securing the volatile northern border and preventing renewed conflict with Hezbollah.

Rubio Says He Would Back JD Vance in 2028, Keeps Focus on State Department Role
Rubio Says He Would Back JD Vance in 2028, Keeps Focus on State Department Role

U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said he would be “the first person” to support Vice President JD Vance if Vance seeks the Republican presidential nomination in 2028, even as early polling continues to place both men among the leading names in the GOP’s post-Trump future.

Ukraine Launches Major Drone Barrage On Russia, Killing At Least Four
Ukraine Launches Major Drone Barrage On Russia, Killing At Least Four

Ukraine launched one of its largest drone barrages of the war against Russia overnight, killing at least four people — including three near Moscow — and wounding more than a dozen others, officials said Sunday.

US, Nigeria Say Senior Islamic State Leader Killed In Joint Operation
US, Nigeria Say Senior Islamic State Leader Killed In Joint Operation

Nigeria and the United States confirmed Saturday that they had killed a senior Islamic State group leader during what officials described as a major joint counterterrorism operation in northeastern Nigeria.

Bulgaria Wins Eurovision; Israel Finishes Second Amid Boycotts
Bulgaria Wins Eurovision; Israel Finishes Second Amid Boycotts

Bulgaria won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time Saturday, while Israel finished second in a final overshadowed by boycotts and protests over Israel’s participation amid the war in Gaza.

Italy Car-Ramming Attack Injures Eight Amid Europe’s Migration Debate
Italy Car-Ramming Attack Injures Eight Amid Europe’s Migration Debate

Italian authorities say a man deliberately drove a car into a crowd late Saturday in the northern Italian city of Modena, injuring at least eight people — four of them seriously — in the latest violent vehicle attack in a series of similar incidents across Europe.