
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – More than 30 Sudanese Christian refugees were last month forced out of their temporary homes in Sudan’s River Nile state by Islamic residents who said they did not want Christians or black people in their neighborhood, Morning Star News (MSN) reports.
On October 19, local Muslims in El Matamah, Al-Makniy ordered 34 Christians who had fled the fighting and shelling between the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) and the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) to leave their area.
According to the Sudan’s People Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N), the Christians were initially falsely accused of stealing livestock and violating Islamic codes, MSN reports. However, after police apprehended the true thieves, it emerged that the real reason for the persecution was the Christians’ faith.
“While we were waiting and following up on the legal procedures, the people of the neighborhood came to us on Saturday, October 19, 2024, and expelled and deported us from the Makniya area without protection from any official body in the locality, despite their knowledge of that,” one of the Christians, whose name is withheld for security reasons,told the SPLM-N. “We were forcibly displaced for the second time, as half of us went to Shendi [River Nile state], while the other half preferred to return to Omdurman to avoid repeating religious, ethnic and regional discrimination.”
The Christians asked the police to assist them but received no response, MSN reports.
“We are currently in a very bad humanitarian situation, as we have lost our shelter, and we have children, women and the elderly, and we have lost our livelihoods that help us provide for our basic daily needs,” the Christian told the SPLM-N.
Currently wracked by a new civil war, Muslim-majority Sudan ranks 8 on the Open Doors World Watch List 2024 of the top 50 countries where Christians are persecuted.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) is preparing for the possibility that an emerging U.S.-Iran agreement could pressure Jerusalem to limit its military campaign against Hezbollah in Lebanon, even as Israeli leaders insist the country must retain freedom of action against threats along its northern border.
Ukraine’s Pentecost Sunday was overshadowed by mourning after Russia used its hypersonic Oreshnik ballistic missile in one of the heaviest assaults on Kyiv and surrounding regions since Russia’s full-scale invasion began, killing at least four people and injuring about 100 others, officials said Sunday.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that President Donald Trump agreed any final agreement with Iran must dismantle Tehran’s nuclear enrichment sites and remove enriched nuclear material from Iranian territory, as Israeli defense officials voiced growing alarm over the emerging U.S.-backed diplomatic framework.
Iran has denied agreeing to surrender any of its enriched uranium stockpile under a proposed U.S.-brokered ceasefire framework, raising fresh questions over whether a broader peace deal can survive its most difficult issues: Tehran’s nuclear program, the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, and Iran’s continued support for Hezbollah.
President Donald Trump said Sunday that his administration is in “no hurry” to finalize an end-of-war agreement with Iran, signaling caution after earlier indications that Washington and Tehran were nearing a framework deal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and preserve a fragile cease-fire.
More than half of the federal budget will go toward benefits for Americans 65 years and older by 2036, and that percentage is set to only grow, a recent congressional report finds.
Two people were shot, including the suspected gunman, in a shooting outside the White House Saturday night.