Rubio: Gaza Security Force Must Include Nations Approved by Israel

by Worthy News Jerusalem Bureau Staff

(Worthy News) – U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Friday that the proposed international stabilization force for Gaza will only include countries acceptable to Israel, as the Trump administration’s 20-point peace plan enters its next phase.

Speaking at a press conference in Kiryat Gat, Rubio described the mission as “historic” and emphasized that Hamas will not be allowed any role in governing Gaza under the U.S.-brokered framework. “Everyone who signed onto this plan agreed–Hamas cannot govern and cannot be involved in the future of Gaza,” Rubio said. “There is no Plan B. This is the only plan, and we will not stop pushing until all commitments are met.”

Rubio said the U.S. is “very committed to Israel’s security,” adding that countries joining the stabilization force must be “ones Israel is comfortable with.” The force, to be deployed after Hamas’ complete disarmament, will include Arab, European, and U.S. personnel and serve as the “long-term internal security solution” for Gaza, according to the Trump plan.

At the U.S.-Israel Civil-Military Coordination Center in southern Israel, which oversees ceasefire implementation, Rubio noted the growing presence of U.S. and partner personnel. The center was opened earlier in the week by U.S. Vice President JD Vance, with participation from the U.K., Germany, Denmark, Canada, and Jordan.

Rubio said the U.S. remains “optimistic” about progress but acknowledged challenges ahead. “It’s not going to be a linear journey–there will be ups and downs and twists and turns,” he said. “But I think we have good reason for healthy optimism.”

He also confirmed that UNRWA, the U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees, will not participate in Gaza operations, calling it a “subsidiary of Hamas.”

During meetings with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Rubio said the two discussed both security challenges and opportunities arising from the peace plan. Netanyahu welcomed the U.S. partnership, saying, “We want to advance peace; we still have security challenges, but I think that we can work together, and by working together, both address the challenges and seize the opportunities.”

Rubio also warned that Israel’s potential annexation of the West Bank would be “counterproductive” to peace efforts. Referring to a recent Knesset vote on sovereignty measures, he said, “They’re a democracy, people are going to have their votes, but at this time we think it might threaten the peace deal.”

The Trump plan, announced in late September, began with an October 10 ceasefire and will move next toward the formation of the stabilization force. Israel has accused Hamas of violating the agreement by delaying the return of hostage remains and attacking civilians, while Hamas claims Israel has backed armed factions in Gaza.

Despite these tensions, Rubio said the U.S. remains committed to ensuring the agreement holds: “We’ve already done the impossible once, and we intend to keep doing that if we can.”

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

TrumpRx Expanding, Offering Generic Prescription Drugs
TrumpRx Expanding, Offering Generic Prescription Drugs

TrumpRx is expanding to about seven times its current size, adding more than 600 generic prescription drugs to the months-old direct-to-consumer government website, the president said Monday.

Pakistan Sends 8,000 Troops, Fighter Jets to Saudi Arabia Under Defense Pact
Pakistan Sends 8,000 Troops, Fighter Jets to Saudi Arabia Under Defense Pact

Pakistan has deployed about 8,000 troops, a squadron of fighter jets, drones, and an air defense system to Saudi Arabia under a confidential mutual defense pact, according to an exclusive Reuters report.

Trump Calls Off Planned Iran Strike, Citing ‘Serious Negotiations’ With Gulf Allies
Trump Calls Off Planned Iran Strike, Citing ‘Serious Negotiations’ With Gulf Allies

President Donald Trump said Monday that he has called off a planned U.S. military strike against Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing urgent requests from Gulf leaders and what he described as “serious negotiations” aimed at reaching a deal with Tehran.

Netanyahu Says IDF Now Controls 60% of Gaza as Israel Tightens Grip on Hamas
Netanyahu Says IDF Now Controls 60% of Gaza as Israel Tightens Grip on Hamas

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israeli forces now control roughly 60% of the Gaza Strip, marking a significant expansion of Israel’s security hold inside the enclave months after the U.S.-brokered ceasefire took effect.

Israeli Forces Strike More Than 30 Hezbollah Sites as Fighting Continues in Southern Lebanon
Israeli Forces Strike More Than 30 Hezbollah Sites as Fighting Continues in Southern Lebanon

Israeli forces struck more than 30 Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure sites across Southern Lebanon over the past 24 hours, the Israel Defense Forces said Monday morning, as the Iranian-backed group continued attacks on Israeli troops and border communities.

U.S. Removes Highly Enriched Uranium From Venezuela in Secret Nuclear Security Mission
U.S. Removes Highly Enriched Uranium From Venezuela in Secret Nuclear Security Mission

The United States has completed a secret nuclear security mission to remove roughly 30 pounds of highly enriched uranium from Venezuela, transferring the material from the country’s shuttered RV-1 research reactor to a secure U.S. facility in South Carolina.

Netanyahu, Trump Discuss Iran War Options as Tensions Rise After UAE Nuclear Plant Drone Strike
Netanyahu, Trump Discuss Iran War Options as Tensions Rise After UAE Nuclear Plant Drone Strike

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with President Donald Trump on Sunday evening as Israel and the United States weighed the possibility of renewed military action against Iran, following stalled nuclear negotiations and a drone strike near a nuclear power station in the United Arab Emirates.