Netanyahu in Washington for High-Stakes Talks with Trump

by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent

(Worthy News) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu arrived at Andrews Air Force Base on Sunday evening for his scheduled meeting with U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday. The two leaders are expected to address critical issues, including redrawing the Middle East, the second stage of the Gaza ceasefire, the future of the Gaza Strip, and Iranian nuclear program.

Just before Netanyahu departed for Washington on Sunday, Netanyahu expressed his belief that cooperation with the new administration could reshape the Middle East.

Netanyahu spoke to reporters on the tarmac in Israel in English, calling his status as the first foreign leader to meet Trump in the White House since the inauguration “a testimony to the strength of the Israeli-American alliance. It’s also a testimony to the strength of our personal friendship.” He expressed confidence that working with Trump could further reshape the Middle East, stating, “Our decisions and the courage of our soldiers have redrawn the map. But I believe that working closely with President Trump, we can redraw it even further, and for the better.”

Netanyahu appeared to reference Israel’s ties with Saudi Arabia, as Israel pushes for a negotiating team to discuss official relations with the Gulf state. The Kan public broadcaster reported that the Trump administration seeks to achieve peace between Jerusalem and Riyadh as part of the president’s vision for a “Golden age of peace in the Middle East.”

Before departing Israel, Netanyahu told reporters, “My meetings in the US capital will deal with important, critical issues facing Israel and the region — victory over Hamas, achieving the release of all our hostages, and dealing with the Iranian terror axis in all its components, an axis that threatens the peace of Israel, the Middle East, and the entire world.”

Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump shared that talks with Israel are progressing, specifically mentioning upcoming discussions with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Speaking to reporters, Trump said, “The discussions on the Middle East with Israel and various and sundry other countries are progressing. While Trump did not provide further details, his comments come as indirect talks between Israel and Hamas are set to resume, focusing on the second stage of the Gaza ceasefire and hostage release deal.

Trump also previewed his upcoming meeting with Netanyahu, adding, “Bibi Netanyahu’s coming on Tuesday, and I think we have some very big meetings scheduled.”

On Tuesday, Netanyahu and Trump will meet in the Oval Office as Iran moves closer to developing a nuclear weapon.

A recent report by Michael Singh of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy revealed that Iran’s breakout time — the period needed to produce enough weapons-grade uranium for a bomb — has shrunk to a week or less by November 2024, down from 3.5 months in November 2020.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Federal Court Blocks Texas Border Security Law, Abbott To Appeal
Federal Court Blocks Texas Border Security Law, Abbott To Appeal

After the Fifth Circuit last month allowed Texas’ border security law, SB 4, to go into effect, another federal court has now blocked four of its provisions.

U.S. Announces 45-Day Extension of Lebanon Ceasefire as Hezbollah Fighting Continues Along Israel’s Northern Border
U.S. Announces 45-Day Extension of Lebanon Ceasefire as Hezbollah Fighting Continues Along Israel’s Northern Border

Israel and Lebanon have agreed to extend their ceasefire by 45 days as the United States pushes forward with a broader diplomatic framework aimed at securing the volatile northern border and preventing renewed conflict with Hezbollah.

Rubio Says He Would Back JD Vance in 2028, Keeps Focus on State Department Role
Rubio Says He Would Back JD Vance in 2028, Keeps Focus on State Department Role

U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said he would be “the first person” to support Vice President JD Vance if Vance seeks the Republican presidential nomination in 2028, even as early polling continues to place both men among the leading names in the GOP’s post-Trump future.

Ukraine Launches Major Drone Barrage On Russia, Killing At Least Four
Ukraine Launches Major Drone Barrage On Russia, Killing At Least Four

Ukraine launched one of its largest drone barrages of the war against Russia overnight, killing at least four people — including three near Moscow — and wounding more than a dozen others, officials said Sunday.

US, Nigeria Say Senior Islamic State Leader Killed In Joint Operation
US, Nigeria Say Senior Islamic State Leader Killed In Joint Operation

Nigeria and the United States confirmed Saturday that they had killed a senior Islamic State group leader during what officials described as a major joint counterterrorism operation in northeastern Nigeria.

Bulgaria Wins Eurovision; Israel Finishes Second Amid Boycotts
Bulgaria Wins Eurovision; Israel Finishes Second Amid Boycotts

Bulgaria won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time Saturday, while Israel finished second in a final overshadowed by boycotts and protests over Israel’s participation amid the war in Gaza.

Italy Car-Ramming Attack Injures Eight Amid Europe’s Migration Debate
Italy Car-Ramming Attack Injures Eight Amid Europe’s Migration Debate

Italian authorities say a man deliberately drove a car into a crowd late Saturday in the northern Italian city of Modena, injuring at least eight people — four of them seriously — in the latest violent vehicle attack in a series of similar incidents across Europe.