
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
CAIRO/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – At least five people, including three Israeli Arab tourists and two Egyptian hotel workers, have been injured after clashes near Egypt’s busiest border crossing with Israel, Egyptian and Israeli sources said Friday.
Numerous forces were converging on the location, including Egyptian police, following the fighting in the Egyptian border town of Taba, Israeli media said.
Israel’s rescue service, Magen David Adom, and ambulance teams were seen waiting at the border to assist victims who had head and stab wounds, according to several sources
Egyptian security sources said a “physical alteration erupted when an Israeli tourist verbally insulted an Egyptian hotel employee, sparking a melee that involved other tourists and employees.”
Egypt state-affiliated Al-Qahera News television channel said one of the Egyptian workers had sustained severe injuries.
According to sources familiar with the case, the fight broke out after the Israeli Arab tourist refused to pay a bill for hotel services.
MEDICAL ATTENTION
Those involved have now been taken for medical attention, Egyptian officials said.
However, the fighting underscored the dangers faced by Israelis in the area.
There have been several attacks on Israelis in Egypt since Hamas attacked southern Israel on October 7 in attacks that killed some 1200 people.
One day after Israel launched its war against Hamas after the massacre, two Israeli tourists and their Egyptian guide were shot dead by a policeman in the Mediterranean city of Alexandria.
It marked the first such attack on Israelis in Egypt in decades.
The fighting added to regional anxiety in the region where tensions had already risen with ongoing fighting in Gaza between Israel and Hamas and cross-border clashes involving Lebanon-based, Iran-backed, Hezbollah and Israel.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
After the Fifth Circuit last month allowed Texas’ border security law, SB 4, to go into effect, another federal court has now blocked four of its provisions.
Israel and Lebanon have agreed to extend their ceasefire by 45 days as the United States pushes forward with a broader diplomatic framework aimed at securing the volatile northern border and preventing renewed conflict with Hezbollah.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said he would be “the first person” to support Vice President JD Vance if Vance seeks the Republican presidential nomination in 2028, even as early polling continues to place both men among the leading names in the GOP’s post-Trump future.
Ukraine launched one of its largest drone barrages of the war against Russia overnight, killing at least four people — including three near Moscow — and wounding more than a dozen others, officials said Sunday.
Nigeria and the United States confirmed Saturday that they had killed a senior Islamic State group leader during what officials described as a major joint counterterrorism operation in northeastern Nigeria.
Bulgaria won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time Saturday, while Israel finished second in a final overshadowed by boycotts and protests over Israel’s participation amid the war in Gaza.
Italian authorities say a man deliberately drove a car into a crowd late Saturday in the northern Italian city of Modena, injuring at least eight people — four of them seriously — in the latest violent vehicle attack in a series of similar incidents across Europe.