Israel’s New Gaza Aid Plan Faces Pushback from International Organizations

by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent

(Worthy News) – Israel’s new humanitarian aid plan for the Gaza Strip aims to deliver supplies directly to families, but some international aid organizations are refusing to cooperate unless significant changes are made, two Western diplomats told The Jerusalem Post.

The plan, approved by Israel’s Security Cabinet this week, will go into effect once the existing stockpile of aid in Gaza is depleted. Under the new framework, aid will be distributed through centers located in the southern Gaza Strip, areas fully controlled by the IDF. This represents a shift from the previous system, where aid was delivered by trucks to various locations, allowing Hamas to seize supplies.

While the same organizations that previously supplied aid are expected to continue, two Western diplomats told the Post that some of them would refuse to participate if Israel implements a list restricting aid recipients. The new plan intends to ensure aid reaches families directly, but the screening process would exclude those associated with Hamas.

“It’s not necessarily that the organizations oppose a new distribution model,” a Western diplomat told the Post. “But they are not willing to accept a system in which the IDF and the Israeli security apparatus decide who receives aid and who doesn’t.”

World Central Kitchen, one of the largest humanitarian organizations previously operating in Gaza, has already indicated that it will not cooperate under the new system, according to another Western diplomat.

On Wednesday, the Post reported that Israel and the US held discussions with UN representatives to persuade them to join the framework. Trump envoy Steve Witkoff also briefed the UN Security Council, urging cooperation.

A senior UN official, however, pushed back, telling the Post, “This is not a matter of funding. We will not participate in a humanitarian aid distribution system that violates our core principles.”

Despite US threats to cut UN funding, the stalemate continues as international organizations demand amendments to the Israeli plan before agreeing to participate.

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.


Latest News from Worthy News

Senate Republicans Eye Talking Filibuster to Advance SAVE America Act
Senate Republicans Eye Talking Filibuster to Advance SAVE America Act

Senate Republicans say they have enough support within their 53-member conference to pass the SAVE America Act, but overcoming a Democratic blockade may require reviving the rarely used “talking filibuster.”

U.S. Airlifts First Microreactor in Nuclear Deployment Milestone
U.S. Airlifts First Microreactor in Nuclear Deployment Milestone

The U.S. Departments of Energy and Defense have transported a small nuclear reactor by military cargo aircraft for the first time, marking a significant milestone in President Donald Trump’s push to expand advanced nuclear energy across the country.

Trump Orders Federal Intervention After Massive Potomac River Sewage Spill
Trump Orders Federal Intervention After Massive Potomac River Sewage Spill

President Donald Trump on Monday directed federal authorities to step in and coordinate cleanup efforts following what he called a “massive ecological disaster” in the Potomac River after a major sewer line collapse in Maryland.

Ancient Second Temple Workshop Uncovered on Mount Scopus After Antiquities Raid
Ancient Second Temple Workshop Uncovered on Mount Scopus After Antiquities Raid

A large Second Temple–era stone workshop that supplied Jerusalem’s Jewish population some 2,000 years ago has been uncovered on the eastern slopes of Mount Scopus, the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) announced Monday.

U.S. Orders MOP Bunker-Buster Bombs to Rebuild Stockpile
U.S. Orders MOP Bunker-Buster Bombs to Rebuild Stockpile

The United States has moved to replenish its stockpile of GBU-57 Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) bunker-buster bombs, it was revealed this week, as tensions with Tehran remain elevated.

Netanyahu: Hamas Must Surrender All Weapons or Face Renewed War
Netanyahu: Hamas Must Surrender All Weapons or Face Renewed War

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared Sunday that Israel will not accept any arrangement allowing Hamas to retain weapons, warning that the terror group must fully disarm or face a renewed Israeli military campaign in Gaza.

Pentagon to Deploy 200 Troops to Nigeria Amid Escalating Terror Threat
Pentagon to Deploy 200 Troops to Nigeria Amid Escalating Terror Threat

The United States is preparing to deploy roughly 200 American troops to Nigeria in the coming weeks to assist in counterterrorism efforts, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal.